greek/turkish coffee how to...

demetri

Jul 18, 2006
Winnipeg, MB
Visit site
This style of coffee is one of my favorites, though I seem to only ever drink it while in greece... except for when I visit one friend who insists on making mammoth sized cups of the stuff.

I haven't made this in a very long time, though I recall putting a couple of teaspoons of sugar in with it too. It's a great pick me up in the morning and goes great with some greek shortbread cookies too.

kluka

May 28, 2007
Visit site
Fine grind coffee of your choice
100 ml boiling water + 1 teaspoon sugar, 1,5 teaspoon coffee
boil for a second or two
add a little cold water, wait 3 minutes to separate...

Voila, your Turkish coffee ;)

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
That's great Turkishcoffee, but you should start a new topic with your photo guide, either in the Business To Business section or Coffee Websites section of the forum. Much better than replying to a topic that has expired well over a year ago. It's called trolling.

Also, please note rule no. 2 on the forum rules page regarding website address dropping: viewtopic.php?t=6
It helps to cut down on spamming in the forum.

Nice signature by the way. :wink:

Bacchus

Nov 9, 2014
No. California
Visit site
Turkish coffee sounds very good to me and I'd like to try it sometime. One thing I can't abide, however, is sludge or grounds in my cup. I know, I know - it's not gonna hurt me to swallow it. Just the same, is there an acceptable way to prevent the gunk in my mug? I'm not a purist by any means so how about filtering it? Would that break some cardinal rule?

Do any of the bigger coffee houses serve Turkish coffee?