strongest drink at starbucks???!!?

underrated831

Sep 22, 2006
Visit site
ok i have been trying to figure this out for a LONG time. until i came across this forum.

i go to starbucks a lot and i was wondering what is the strongest drink at starbucks? strongest iced drink? and strongest hot drink?

p.s. is coffee bean better or is starbucks? and why?

thanks in advance guys!

garyscottadamson

Apr 8, 2007
UK
Visit site
It seems nobody will dignify your question with an answer, but I will!

Your question isn't realy valid!

The coffe would have to be in it's purest(drinkable) form, which could either be drip or espresso! (there are others, but I think Starbucks only do those two) Then, it'd be down to the strongest bean, but that is down to opinion, are you talking roast intensity or caffeine amount?

An espresso would taste stronger than a drip coffe, however the flavour would simply be more concentrated and going against popular ideas the caffeine content would be less!

Your question is very ambigious and it comes down to the bean, rather than the drink.

McBean

Jun 21, 2007
Massachusetts
Visit site
I always thought it was the opposite. That there is little difference between beans and its all about how fine the ground is and the temperature/pressure and amount of water with which it is produced.

coffeeroastersclub6

Nov 30, 2006
Connecticut
Visit site
underrated831 said:
ok i have been trying to figure this out for a LONG time. until i came across this forum.

i go to starbucks a lot and i was wondering what is the strongest drink at starbucks? strongest iced drink? and strongest hot drink?

thanks in advance guys!

Strongest (as in caffeine) is their House Blend Coffee. Why? I will leave that to the conspiracy theorists.

Len
CoffeeRoastersClub.com

Back2theGrind

Sep 16, 2007
Visit site
Strongest Coffeedrink

I''ll help you out...
It is kind of a confusing question since there isn''t really a \"strongest\" coffee. The extra Bolds have the most robust flavors, but the \"strongest\" prepared coffee at Starbucks is really any coffee prepared as a French Press. This method is not readily advertised at their stores, but is available upon request. Enjoying coffee in this brew fashion extracts the essential minerals and oils from the bean so that you get a more true example of the coffee that you''re enjoying.
I will argue that Turkish coffee is, indeed, stronger, however, it is not a brew method that they practice in their stores.
Hope this information is helpful for you, and the truth is out there...

kalixt

Oct 18, 2007
Visit site
It is the machiatto. Because they put the expresso on the top instead of the bottom, so you get the coffee jolt right from the start! I have asked the baristas and they all tell me the same.

[quote:0835f09c89=\"coffeeroastersclub6\"][quote:0835f09c89=\"underrated831\"]ok i have been trying to figure this out for a LONG time. until i came across this forum.

thanks in advance guys![/quote:0835f09c89]

Strongest (as in caffeine) is their House Blend Coffee. Why? I will leave that to the conspiracy theorists.

Len
CoffeeRoastersClub.com[/quote:0835f09c89]

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
kalixt said:
It is the machiatto. Because they put the expresso on the top instead of the bottom, so you get the coffee jolt right from the start! I have asked the baristas and they all tell me the same.

[quote:0835f09c89="coffeeroastersclub6"][quote:0835f09c89="underrated831"]ok i have been trying to figure this out for a LONG time. until i came across this forum.

thanks in advance guys![/quote:0835f09c89]

Len
CoffeeRoastersClub.com[/quote:0835f09c89]

A macchiato is no stronger then a common latte served at Starbucks and for that matter the macchiato at Starbucks is nothing more then an over glorified latte anyway. It doesn't matter that the espresso is poured from the top or put on the bottom, the amount of caffeine is relative to the shot.

As soon as you pour in the espresso it will start to disperse and mix with the rest of the drink. Pouring milk over the espresso does the same thing.

Instead of asking a barista, you should check out a few books on espresso for a better understanding. Just because someone works behind the bar doesn't mean they no anything about coffee.

3ternal

Mar 22, 2007
Seattle, WA
Visit site
Straight esspresso is the strongest, you can add shots to a drink to make it stronger.

At Starbucks, Iced brewed Coffee is pretty dang strong, we brewed it at double strength of drip.

desertjedi

Nov 2, 2007
Visit site
Not sure if you mean strongest in flavor intensity or caffeine.

The lighter the roast, the higher the caffeine content. Longer roasting takes more caffeine out of the bean.

Flavor intensity is subjective. Give a straight double-shot (doppio) a try if you want something quite intense.

I can''t stand the taste of Starbucks coffee that you get at Starbucks as it tastes terribly burnt.

coffaddict

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Am I the only one that has an issue with Starbucks advertising light and medium blends/roasts as a "Bold/Dark Roast?" I prefer very strong coffee, so I had to find out the hard way that at Starbucks, those terms are very deceiving. I find that Italian,Sumatra,and Espresso Roasts are the only "true" Bolds. It really frustrates me when they have no real Bold available and have replaced it with a seasonal blend promo or one of the other blends, and still labels it Bold. Unlike the other customers who prefer light to medium blends that are always available, I have to chuck up an additional buck or two for shots of espresso in order to have a stronger coffee. For customers like myself, Bold blends should be just as readily available, on a daily basis as the weaker blends, and not substituted with "The Blend Of The Day!"

coffaddict

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I beg to differ.....there hasn't been any "serious" convo on this thread pertaining to this for how many years??? Because of that, I figured it was a longshot to expect a response at all, let alone a serious one with some basis to support it. But thanks anyway Peter for amusing me with your one liner. When you're ready to have a serious convo (what I thought this forum was about), I'm here.....

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi coffaddict,

I don't recall ever reading anything on this Forum regarding someone having an issue with Starbucks advertising light and medium blends/roasts as a "Bold/Dark Roast" So, it appears that you're the only one we've seen so far.

Have you asked this question when you've been at Starbucks?

Many years ago, when I went to Starbucks, (on days when I had the time and they weren't busy), they'd make coffee for me in the French Press, and I could make a coffee selection from their available coffees. I haven't been to Starbucks in years, but maybe you could try that and see how it goes. Be polite and ask nicely, and they may do it for you.

I haven't explored the Starbucks website in a very long time, but they used to have a place where you could contact them and ask questions. It may be worth exploring when you have time.

Rose

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Hey Coffaddict, Welcome aboard.
Many of us here do not always participate in every single thread. I normally try to read most of the new thread or new post, but I do miss many .

About bold coffee.... I don't call over roasted coffee, bold. They are burnt or overly roasted coffee.
When I think of bold, i would think of coffee with more caffeine. Did you know light to medium roasted coffee has much higher caffeine content?

So instead of bold, lets call the coffee you like "over roasted bitter coffee."

I think when you are adding cream and sugar to your coffee, you really are not drinking coffee for its flavor but flavor of sugar and cream.
ORBC(over roasted bitter Coffee) is served many different places like gas stations, grocery stores, 7-11, and you could find them in some offices.
But you won't find those at artisan roasters, reputable coffee houses and high end coffee shops.

SO in my opinion, Starbucks is not really promoting their signature blend but trying to find bigger audiences for their product.

If you do little research on coffee, different type, different roast, and true flavor of different region, you will be very surprised.
Remember coffee is Second Most Traded Commodity in the World after Oil. ;)