What do you use as a base for blended drinks?

R0ckets03

Aug 26, 2006
Visit site
I used to use "frescante powder" from Boyds mixed with half and half. The drinks tasted okay.

Currently, I'm using ice cream base from Island Oasis and the drinks are excellent. The only problem is the cost. Its costing me close to .16 cents per oz. and the large drink require 8 oz.

So I was just wondering if their are any other alternatives out there?

Comfy Place

Jul 15, 2006
Bloomer, Wisconsin
Visit site
Blended Drink Base

For us, we are using Big Train as the base for all of our blended drinks at this time. We have compared them against other companies in both fruit smoothies and blended iced coffees, and find BT to be the best tasting. They are also very easy to use, as one just needs to add ice and water/coffee/milk (depending on what you want to make) and then blend. I would contact a number of different companies to request samples, make them all and taste them all at the same time and rate them. Include your staff as well, if you have any.

ericesquire

Sep 7, 2006
Visit site
I came across www.granitamix.com a while back and ordered a sample bag. Best thing I ever did. We used it with a blender for a while to make "milkshakes" but since have graduated to a full blown granita machine. Saves so much time and effort with their product.

We use Frostline non dairy dry powder softserve mix. Combine with MILK ect, and Blend with a VITAMIX. We also add a bit of Davincii Cholate sause to add that extra flavor. The mix comes in vanilla and chocolate. The Vaniia wiill turn almost any falvor into a frappe or granita. Just add the falvor and MILK and JAVA, and blend. We get the Frostline from a store calle CASH and CArry in WA. And Smart AND Final in CA.

jdandtracy

Sep 24, 2006
Colorado
Visit site
We did extensive research and found that most base mixes are primarily non-dairy coffee creamer. Just mix Coffee Mate powder with milk and ice, and your flavor, (and espresso) and blend in a Blend Tec 20 amp Smoother blender.

Well, you don't have to use that blender, but it will blend Hot Wheels cars and golf clubs into a fine dust. I was impressed enough to buy one...

JD

Miss Java

Feb 13, 2007
Washington
Visit site
Of all the ones that I have tried I like Big Train the best. Their green tea mix is awesome blended. If I remember right you can get it in good sized bags at Cash and Carry for around $14.