Curdley Soy!?

J.Henz

Jul 19, 2007
Cincinnati OH
Visit site
Im new to this forum, and was looking for some information on soy. I am a barista and I''ve noticed that with soy sometimes is very curdley, or \"chunky\", or as I call it \"flakey\". I''ve had whole cases of soy thrown out because of this curdling. I''ve noticed that when I steam the soy in its curdley state, it looks fine, but in iced drinks it looks absolutley terrible. Is soy old? or is it something that happened during the making process or the shipping process?

equus007

Apr 4, 2006
Austin, Tx
Visit site
soy lent flakey

soy can in fact curdle however if it is an entire case that has gone "flakey" it is probably just old. This is not to say that it is "bad". It will over time settle and congeal. If your supplier won't take it back or if you are at home you can blend it to break up the chunks...and get another supplier. Personaly I never liked serving flakey soy-milk even more than I hated serving soy period. Lactose free milk is more expensive but I think it makes a better drink and it doesnt have the filo, psychol or whatever it is called(plant)estrogen in it....BGH maybe but nothing that will cause you to grow stamens.