Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Your Favorite Coffee Drink

I've been to a few coffee shops in my time, each one has their own menu and differnt mixes of drinks both hot and iced. When you goto your coffee shop what is the oddest, best, or weirdest drink you've had there. This thread is to get people to try new drinks at their coffee shops. It doesnt have to be just coffee - black, it can be any drink.

Here in Hongkong things can be.....unusual to say the least.
    One of the popular local drinks is called Ying Yeung which is 50% tea and 50% coffee.
    Another delight I have seen was a coffee shop with a commercial espresso machine, and when I ordered a latte, they spooned some Nescafe into the portafilter (the handle) and made it that way.
    Lastly, one (non-coffee) drink was a banana smoothy. Into the blender went the milk etc. Lastly was the banana - skin and all. Godd roughage is all I can say...

i'm interested in this yin yeung 50/50 coffee tea drink.

what types of tea and coffee are used?
    Probably on a caffeine high.

Coffee and Tea 50/50

I've heard of mixing the coffee and the tea but can't imagine a 'good' taste out of it unless it was unequally mixed. What flavor did it come out with?

Smoothys are always nice

I've experimented with mixing coffee and tea in the past but didn't achieve any inspiring results. It seemed like a good idea at the time but I don't recall going back for a second cup.

I guess it could depend on what tea it was - I just used a 'normal' teabag (which I'd normally drink with milk and sugar), while I take my coffee black with no sugar, so perhaps that combination was doomed from the start.

Wulf

ps. of course, this being an international forum, I'm unsure what might be considered 'normal' tea in other parts of the world... if you've been to Britain you'll know what I mean though

Mocha

I drink a fair amount of tea- green, white, black, orange pekoe, but I have always kept it separate from my coffee.

OTOH, I sometimes mix in some cocoa powder with my coffee, in place of cream.
    "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love." -- Turkish Proverb

Super Moderator
    When I was an apprentice roaster....I brought home some Hawaiian Kona that I had just roasted....I was extremely nervous, due to the price of the coffee. So I went home excited and nervous to try this coffee....I put it in my press....waited 3 mins and drank it....I can still remember the horror that went through me!!! The coffee was sour! Sour Kona? I thought what the hell did I do wrong?? So I did what any apprentice would do...hid the evidence...the next day I came home to find my wife(at the time) using my bloody press for tea! Well the tannic acid from the tea destroyed the flavor of the coffee I tried to make! Well it turns out I didn't do anything wrong with the coffee..the ex-wife well that's another story!
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

"Grounds for Divorce?"

I guess, in your case, tea and coffee really didn't mix!
    "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love." -- Turkish Proverb

Ying Yeung Coffee

Ying Yeung Coffee, in Hong Kong, they make it with drip coffee and black tea, half by half.

I have tryed yin yeung coffee since my post.

It was a good experience, I am a fan of both coffee and tea so having them together was interesting.

I ordered it at a local cafe, they call it cafftea or caffeine-tea. First I smelled it, it has a distinct coffee aroma you wouldn't guess there was tea at all. The taste was great, it tasted more tea then coffee but it was very good. I recommend it if you find a place that wont look at you funny when you ask for such a unique drink yin yeung.
    Probably on a caffeine high.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links