Dunkin Donuts coffee

rcjian

Apr 13, 2008
Visit site
Newbee here, I just want to know if there is a storein Toronto Canada which sells their coffee! I really like them! Thanks

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
Rose, you know that the powers that be in this forum cringe at any info related to big coffee franchises like "DuDo". You should have let me handle this one. I already have a tainted rep here. Just kidding, I know they will forgive you. :D

DuDo's image and marketing has gotten them far, regardless of the quality of their product.

Dunkin Donuts ----> 17 Leslie St., Toronto.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi Mr. Biscotto!

Dunkin Donuts ----> 17 Leslie St., Toronto.

I guess I should have waited for you to answer that question, especailly since you found a store in Toronto and I didn't.

I really didn't see a Dunkin Donuts store listed for Toronto when I visited their web site. Where did you find it?

Some people like their coffee, and some people like their donuts. Maybe their coffee tastes better when you're eating a donut.

I stopped liking the donuts when they did away with my favorite one. It was the original Dunkin Donut that was donut shaped, but it had a donut "handle" that you could hold onto for dunking. I especailly liked to eat the handle part because it was more crispy than the rest. I guess you're too young to remember that donut. After all, you got carded at the Expo a couple of weeks ago!

Rose

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
Ha, I'm 36, but I don't remember a donut with a handle on it. :D

I don't like their donuts anymore either. They're no better than the cheap store brand donuts. It's their position in the market that sells now, they don't need quality product anymore. It's name brand loyalty versus product loyalty that makes them billions now.

I run my own bakery, so I get quality goodies for free! :D

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Again,

If I remember correctly, they stopped making the donuts with the handle about 10 years ago. They said they had to use a special machine to make them, and because of the donut's odd shape with the handle, they couldn't fit a dozen of them in a box.

Yes, one of the benefits of running your own bakery is getting the goodies for free. I'd really put back the pounds if I had all those temptations. Oh that's right, you have a metabolism that lets you eat anything you want. Just wait until you pass 40. It's all going to catch up to you!

Rose

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
I think it's key to not stuff yourself, to just eat smaller meals, more frequently.

My stomach is about the size of a dunkin donut. I keeps it tight, full of good coffee and on point. :D

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
Eeek!
Blueberry coffee? Weirdness.

I'd eat a blueberry muffin with a cup of coffee, so I guess it's kind of the same. I'm not the connoisseur of fine coffees that most in the forum are though. I think the general consensus here is no flavored coffee, if you're a real coffee freak. No Dudo (Dunkin Donuts) either.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi Mr. Biscotto!

I'm not too sure about blueberry coffee either.
Since I'm not into blueberries (unless they're in a pie, etc.,) I don't think I'd ever want to try blueberry coffee.

I'm beginning to have a real problem with seeing so many "taboo topics" on this forum.

When you wrote, "I think the general consensus here is no flavored coffee, if you're a real coffee freak. No Dudo (Dunkin Donuts) either," I got the impression that you were being sarcastic.

The topic of flavored coffees has received a lot of heated discussion in the past. Everyone has his or her taste preferences when it comes to coffee, and we need to respect that. I think that the general consensus of "there is no flavored coffee" could tend to make people who enjoy flavored coffee feel that there may be something wrong with them.

I don't drink flavored coffee because I never found one that I liked. I sometimes like the smell of hazelnut coffee, but I prefer to drink my coffee unflavored.

What's the difference between a cup of brewed "flavored coffee" vs. a cup of coffee with a shot of flavoring in it? I wonder if pouring a shot of hazelnut flavoring into your coffee is "better" accepted by the coffee majority than just brewing a package of ground hazelnut coffee.

I remember reading a discussion posting a few months ago where someone wrote that they would never eat a banana while drinking coffee. I had to laugh, because I do it all the time. Of course I'd rather have a banana muffin, but that's another story.... I guess soon I'll be an outcast and I'll have to go join another forum.

Rose

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
Ha, Rose you crack me up. Join another forum?
You can't be serious, you know we appreciate you here and we value your well thought out input. :D

I guess I must have been in a bad mood or something to have said that.
All appologies to those who like flavored coffees. Flavors are what it's all about really. Variety is the spice of life right?

I enjoy a mocha latte on occasion. But hey, chocolate is on a whole 'nother level. Ha ha. :D

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello again,

I think you were basically stating an unwritten truth, which is, if a person says that he or she likes flavored coffee or even if they mention that they want to sell flavored coffee, they're very likely to get slammed by some of the elite pure-coffee enthisiasts or this forum or any other coffee forum.

Yes, I agree. Variety is the spice of life, and each person has the right to choose what kind of coffee gives him or her pleasure. If the taste of blueberry, hazelnut, licorice, etc. brings some enjoyment to a person's day as they have their morning coffee, then I say "go for it."

Isn't the whole idea to help expose people to the world of coffee regardless of what their tastes are? A person who loves blueberry flavored coffee from Dunkin Donuts today may eventually move on to explore the taste of other coffees and discover the blueberry undertones that come from some "real" coffees. I think we should take the opportunity to gently guide them in the "right" direction.

You know, they say that marijuana is a "gateway drug" that leads a person to try other hard-core drugs. That theory can be applied to the world of coffee too. I see the McDonalds and Dunkin Donuts coffees as "gateways" for people to learn to like coffee, which could lead them to want to explore the local coffee houses and eventually learn to enjoy (and become addicted to) the taste of "real coffee."

This past weekend, I watched an elderly couple come into the cafe, and they both ordered the Hazelnut coffee (which was pre-brewed from ground flavored coffee and sitting in a pump decanter).

The husband took the coffee to the table for his wife and then he came back to pay for their order. I overheard him tell the cashier that his wife was going into the hospital for heart surgery on Monday, and they were out enjoying the day (and the nice weather) because they needed to stop worrying about the outcome of the surgery. They sat, and talked, and enjoyed their coffee together for quite some time. It appeared that a little bit of Hazelnut flavored coffee helped brighten their day, which in my opinion was a very good thing. And so I say, "long live the flavored coffees!"

Rose

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
I agree that there's more to coffee that makes one an aficionado.

It's not just the distinct flavors you get from the various origins. Neither is it just about the quality of your espresso machine and/or how well your tamping skills are.

It's also our coffee time, our coffee breaks and the experience, that makes up what we call coffee culture.

This is why a forum can be dedicated to a single topic like coffee.

If this forum was limited to espresso machines and coffee bean discussion, I wouldn't have much to say, that's for sure. So yes, bring your flavorings and your donuts from Dunkin' and come chat with us about everything coffee! :D

rcjian

Apr 13, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies guys, sorry for my very much delayed response, just had a slight problem with my ISP, but its ok now. I liked this healthy conversation, off topic or not, I still liked reading them.

Anyways, I'll check that 17 Leslie St., Toronto. which was posted by pinkrose! Aside from Dunkin Donuts itself, is there any other Grocery Stores that sells their coffee? About their website, not too long ago I did inquire about ordering their coffee but was denied because I live in Canada, anyways I'll check again! Thanks!

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
I've seen it in several nearby grocery stores here in Mass.

Even small drug stores now carry DuDo coffee. I used to be a big fan of their fresh ground coffee when my ex's daughter worked there.

They must water it down at their shops, it's better to buy the grounds and make it yourself.

BTW - Again, I shouldn't have generalized anyone in this forum to say "the general consensus is......" Truth is, this forum carries all types and they're all excellent peeps for sure.

Welcome to the madness and the coffee information database that is Coffeeforums, rcjian! :D