India Green Coffee

jlyon10

Super Moderator
Feb 16, 2007
Clemmons, NC
Visit site
I have a friend from India that brought me some coffee they call green coffee, it is 53% coffee and the rest is chicory. Has any one ever had that. I would like your thoughts about what you think of this coffee. Also are most coffee beans in India robusta, why don't they have arabica beans?

JumpinJakJava

Dec 12, 2011
Thomaston, CT
Visit site
hello Jumpinjakjava, how are you? thanks for giving us the website. BTW, have you roasted and tried this coffee from giricoffee.com?
I have never tried India Arabica coffee. i will appreciate it if you can tell us the cupping notes and how it roasts. thanks.

Hello Yurong. I am fine, thanks for asking.
It has been about 6 years since I roasted some. I was curious to try it.
I think I purchased about 40 or 60lbs. back then. The fellows name was Harry, he was very friendly and professional.
They offered AA and AB grades at that time. The only difference I noticed in cupping was the AA was a little cleaner in the cup
and less green bean defects. The body was medium/well, the aroma was super, chocolate and mocha sweetness. Very little acidity.
Could not claim floral or fruit. Found the coffee to be Specialty grading. As I stated, it has been a while, so I could not attest to
current crop. It reminded me of a good Dominican Republic coffee. I had to cut down on my offerings, so I have not pursued to
purchase any Indian coffee in a while. I am sure you could get a sample of current crop green.
Maybe thy could ship some from the farm to China, rather than shipping to china from the states.