Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: White coffee??

White coffee??

Very new to this concept... white coffee? I'm told by my best friend (lives in Seattle - oh so jealous!) that white coffee is still an "underground" beverage. Must be as I have never heard of it. Or maybe I'm just dumb? xD

What is it and how can it be served?

Sorry if this is a repeat topic. I didn't see anything on it so I thought I'd ask.

~O8>*

Re: White coffee??

A little flex of the Google-Fu unearthed this little description..
    http://www.coffeefaq.com/site/node/53

Sounds like its just under-roasted coffee.
    Happiness can be found between 1st and 2nd crack

Re: White coffee??

Its under roasted period. I've drank white coffee and I compare it to drinking a Budweiser. If you want a Bud just grab a glass and drink some tap water, but if you want the real deal try an imported beer!
    Have you ever walked through the aisle of your local grocer and smelled the death of a dying bean?

Talking White Coffee (seeking)

Quote Originally Posted by mocha.mouse View Post
    Very new to this concept... white coffee? I'm told by my best friend (lives in Seattle - oh so jealous!) that white coffee is still an "underground" beverage. Must be as I have never heard of it. Or maybe I'm just dumb? xD

Sorry if this is a repeat topic. I didn't see anything on it so I thought I'd ask.

~O8>*
    I am from Seattle and just moved to Vegas and I am trying so hard to find a coffee shop that has the white coffee. I can order it (called Wired Willy's) but I don't want to have to buy an espresso machine and make it myself.

Does anyone know of a shop in Vegas that sells it?

Quote Originally Posted by thewilliams1 View Post
    A little flex of the Google-Fu unearthed this little description..
    What is "white coffee"? | Coffee and Caffeine FAQ

Sounds like its just under-roasted coffee.
    Thank you for the link! I was seriously considering roasting my own coffee. In this case "under roasting it" I may have to take a trip to Seattle now..lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by CCafe View Post
    Its under roasted period. I've drank white coffee and I compare it to drinking a Budweiser. If you want a Bud just grab a glass and drink some tap water, but if you want the real deal try an imported beer!
    Slightly off the subject but... Several years ago while in Canada, my friend and I were having dinner. When we ordered a beer, my friend asked the waiter to bring him a good imported beer and was expecting something exotic. The waiter brought him a Budweiser - hey, it was imported.

I never heard of it. Could they be talking about a Latte?

Where can I get some of this white coffee? Is there a significant difference with regards to taste?

White Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by mocha.mouse View Post

~O8>*
    White coffee started as a very specific roasting process that left the coffee very lightly roasted. Since then it has spread into coffee that is roasted normal, just to a extremely light roast level. This maintains a higher level of caffeine. The beans are also selected for max caffeine content (robusta).
    I've been drinking a coffee for like 8 years now called "Eyes Wide Open" It's sold by an internet roaster in NJ. Its a light roast coffee with a mix of real beans and robusta. It's delicious and makes me freaking crazy. No special grinders needed, nor brewing equipment. I usually make it in my regular mr coffee maker, but i've used french presses and my mom's percolator. You can also use it in an espresso machine, it just has to be ground a little finer than normal but the company will grind it any way you ask. Coffee Bean Direct is the company, they even flavor it. The have a halloween zombie coffee on the eyes wide open right now.

I don't know if i can post links but you can google coffee bean direct or eyes wide open coffee.

Super Moderator
    Hello CoffeeAb,

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

When you wrote, "It's delicious and makes me freaking crazy" were you saying that the coffee has an extra caffeine kick to it, or does it make you crazy in some other way (maybe jittery, jumpy, grumpy, craving more coffee, etc.)?

Rose

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links