White coffee??

mocha.mouse

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Very new to this concept... white coffee? I'm told by my best friend (lives in Seattle - oh so jealous!) that white coffee is still an "underground" beverage. Must be as I have never heard of it. Or maybe I'm just dumb? xD

What is it and how can it be served?

Sorry if this is a repeat topic. I didn't see anything on it so I thought I'd ask.

~O8>*

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Its under roasted period. I've drank white coffee and I compare it to drinking a Budweiser. If you want a Bud just grab a glass and drink some tap water, but if you want the real deal try an imported beer!

SamsGirl

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
White Coffee (seeking)

Very new to this concept... white coffee? I'm told by my best friend (lives in Seattle - oh so jealous!) that white coffee is still an "underground" beverage. Must be as I have never heard of it. Or maybe I'm just dumb? xD

Sorry if this is a repeat topic. I didn't see anything on it so I thought I'd ask.

~O8>*

I am from Seattle and just moved to Vegas and I am trying so hard to find a coffee shop that has the white coffee. I can order it (called Wired Willy's) but I don't want to have to buy an espresso machine and make it myself.

Does anyone know of a shop in Vegas that sells it?

3CatsNoMice

Apr 21, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Visit site
Its under roasted period. I've drank white coffee and I compare it to drinking a Budweiser. If you want a Bud just grab a glass and drink some tap water, but if you want the real deal try an imported beer!

Slightly off the subject but... Several years ago while in Canada, my friend and I were having dinner. When we ordered a beer, my friend asked the waiter to bring him a good imported beer and was expecting something exotic. The waiter brought him a Budweiser - hey, it was imported. :decaf:

CoffeeAB

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
White Coffee

~O8>*

White coffee started as a very specific roasting process that left the coffee very lightly roasted. Since then it has spread into coffee that is roasted normal, just to a extremely light roast level. This maintains a higher level of caffeine. The beans are also selected for max caffeine content (robusta).
I've been drinking a coffee for like 8 years now called "Eyes Wide Open" It's sold by an internet roaster in NJ. Its a light roast coffee with a mix of real beans and robusta. It's delicious and makes me freaking crazy. No special grinders needed, nor brewing equipment. I usually make it in my regular mr coffee maker, but i've used french presses and my mom's percolator. You can also use it in an espresso machine, it just has to be ground a little finer than normal but the company will grind it any way you ask. Coffee Bean Direct is the company, they even flavor it. The have a halloween zombie coffee on the eyes wide open right now.

I don't know if i can post links but you can google coffee bean direct or eyes wide open coffee.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello CoffeeAb,

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

When you wrote, "It's delicious and makes me freaking crazy" were you saying that the coffee has an extra caffeine kick to it, or does it make you crazy in some other way (maybe jittery, jumpy, grumpy, craving more coffee, etc.)?

Rose

CoffeeLovers

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
It just comes out in my mind that the white coffee you mean is opposite to dark coffee. It might be light coffee with milk or cream or some whitener added.

Actually, it depends upon on your point of view what white coffee is... In Lebanon, white coffee is made from water and caffeine free. In Malaysia, it is called Chang Jiang White coffee made from coffee beans roasted in margarine and brewed with sweetened condensed milk in cream color.

Anyway, you can even make your own white coffee in your own version.

champagnesyrup

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
It just comes out in my mind that the white coffee you mean is opposite to dark coffee. It might be light coffee with milk or cream or some whitener added.

Actually, it depends upon on your point of view what white coffee is... In Lebanon, white coffee is made from water and caffeine free. In Malaysia, it is called Chang Jiang White coffee made from coffee beans roasted in margarine and brewed with sweetened condensed milk in cream color.

Anyway, you can even make your own white coffee in your own version.

Anything coffee is good enough for me :coffee:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I can't imagine roasting coffee beans in margarine. It sounds like they're frying them. Then, is the coffee brewed with only sweetened condensed milk instead of water? How is that done?

In Malaysia, it is called Chang Jiang White coffee made from coffee beans roasted in margarine and brewed with sweetened condensed milk in cream color.