Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Is Coffee Safe For Children?

This is a discussion on Is Coffee Safe For Children? within the Coffee Drinks forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; Originally Posted by ppkgan LOL my wife drinks it sweat creamy and... instant! Our daughter (only child) has to be in between us at all ...

Quote Originally Posted by ppkgan View Post
    LOL my wife drinks it sweat creamy and... instant! Our daughter (only child) has to be in between us at all times and in the mix! My wife tried that with her (she is almost 3) and she liked it! I would suggest that it is black because she doesn't like mine at all.

On a side note I thought that I would be the "cool" dad and bought her some Swiss Miss hot coco. You know the one with the marshmallows. (Pathetic dried little buggers) I told her it was her coffee and one morning when she was in the middle jockeying for attention I mixed her up a cup. Boy was that a mistake! Half way through it she started to get crazy eyes. By the time she was finished she was fully wound up and running around the room making strange noises. I know Chocolate has caffeine in it but I didn't think that it would have this much of an effect on her. After we sifted through the wreckage of our living room, I realized her sudden onset of energy was probably from the sugar.

I am not sure if coffee stunts your growth but I am sure that to much of anything that gets our child speaking in tongues is bad for the picture frames! I think she should wait for a few more years (or until college) to drink any of this stuff, I cant afford to repair the house every time she goes off on a sugar/caffeine tirade! LOL
    Oh Boy... Some things I can look forward too lol.. I'm going to be a dad fairly soon myself.

Yes, sounds like you were trying to be the cool dad and as they say, "no good deed goes unpunished" lol...

Miss Swiss is loaded with sugar, so it would send any little one into a frenzy lol. Although one question, why not offload the "coffee" in the park? That way she can run around to her hearts content, and then when she winds down you can take her home and she drops off for a nap? That way no picture frames get broken and you keep your peace of mind

2. # ADS

Ok for teens, I think I would have a few words out with a parent giving there child a drug or stimulant like coffee. They should have plenty of energy just from a good breakfast. Great for my motivation though.

Ye not sure, moderation is key in every type of bevarage/food right. I mean if they can drink lots of coke, they sure can drink coffee (it probably is better for them anyway).

Super Moderator
    I wonder how much milk and sugar the kids add to their coffee before they drink it. The extra spoonsfull of added sugar probably cause more harm than the caffeine does.

Hmm...
    For children who are not in the category of teens, I think coffee is harmful for them.

yes, lots of benefits of coffee so coffee is good for children but in limited amount.

I'd say not for kids, but for teens why not. I started drinking strong natural coffee (hate instant one) since I was like 14 and it was as strong as parents were drinking. Also, I'd like to add that I drink strong black coffee no milk no sugar no nothing without eating anything in advance. A lot of people were keep on telling me that soon I will have problems with stomach and with digestive system but on the contrary to that, everything works perfectly. For example in Turkey (I love Turkish coffee) it is a common think to drink coffee even for kids of smaller kids and it is a normal thing of their culture.

i will have my kid start on coffee most likely on her teen years. not really sure if she needed the jolt as toddlers nowadays are already active

flori
    blogger, coffeeloversofworld.com

Actually, harmful effects of caffeine are often hard to find. There are findings about the negative effect of caffeine but are all speculations. Nobody can prove that caffeine really the cause of some negative effects in our body.

Since nothing to prove, it is safe now to say that coffee for children is not harmful. But still moderation is being recommended. There are several studies that coffee in moderation is not likely to have a negative effect. Moderation and balance is the key in optimal nutrition intake. As to the benefit of coffee, it can contribute to your children’s mind alert.

Well coffee is one best thing that every one like that, in my opinion coffee is safe for children, because kids also drink coffee but a little cup of coffee because small cup of coffee, can be most severe for our whole body for every person there is no issue to age.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Ads