Is Coffee Safe For Children?

coffeebeans

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Coffee hangouts have become fashion for today's teenagers after college, it is concerning, does coffee have subtle side effects in the long run, calcium deficiency or something like that??

Does it stimulate their exam performance ? ANY IDEA? :?HELP I HAVE TWO TEENAGERS

cindy

Feb 8, 2005
South Africa
Visit site
there has been a few posts on children drinking coffee...and i cant remember who wrote the comment but he said that parents should be grateful that their children are drinking coffee rather than getting hammered on alcohol.

I have been drinking coffee from a very young age (my mother told me i use to take gulps of her coffee as a baby) and as far as calcium goes, Ive been told by my dentist that i have extremely strong teeth (ignore the fine yellow tint due to the coffee, lol) and ive never broken a bone in my body.

as far as the exam performance goes, i wont be able to comment...what i experienced myself when i was still studying was that instead of doing the energy drinks and stuff while studying, i had a french press by my side...not because of the caffeine rush or anything, it was my way of taking a break between chapters.
Does coffee make you more alert?
Im sure it does, but I dont think it will compromise for not studying.

And if you are worried that your children are spending too much time in coffee shops, their cash flow will run out soon enough, so they'll have to spend less time there eventually.

use the search option to look for other articles on children drinking coffee....there are more than just a few.

Hope it helps....

stevenson

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Coffee is also positively implicated in reducing the risk for Parkinson’s disease, liver cirrhosis, colon cancer and even gallstones.

phughes

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't think that coffee is designed for children. But those from college are not "children" anymore. They can be child-ish but not literal children. SO back to the point. Caffeine does the thing here and if they would drink a relax or a decaf coffee, the effects would not be the same. I am a med student and I started drinking my nightly caffeine fix stretching to undergraduate school and I had to stop as there is involuntary shaking in my hands. A result of getting to coffee at a very young age.

JoelForthe

Jul 9, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
Visit site
Hi CoffeeBeans,

I'm not sure if this helps you but, I've been drinking coffee since the age of 12, I'm 6ft. 2", (never experienced a growth stunt), - in great health, - though I must admit, I'm absolutely addicted. :)

Yarbooa

Aug 21, 2011
Israel
Visit site
Well, for starters, it's better than consuming alcohol, seconds, teenagers are exposed to much more caffeine from beverages like Coca Cola, Red Bull and their family than from coffee, when I was a teen there was a thing called Jolt which had even twice the caffeine (does it exist today?).

As a parent, it's all about what my child learns from me as an "educating adult". sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Bottom line, if my kids see me having coffee, I have a really weak case in telling them not to consume it...

coffeeroastersclub

Mar 28, 2011
Connecticut
Visit site
Let's see. You have a kid who is a hyper spazmaniac, won't listen to anything you have to say, and on top of that you can't spank them any longer (unlike when I was a kid).

So lets fix the situation by giving them lots of caffeine. Good choice.

Len

lylianbrew

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion, coffee is very nice drink for everyone. Children also drink coffee but a little cup of coffee because much coffee can be worst for our body for every person, there is no matter to age.

jschuff32

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
My 3 year-old daughter loves straight coffee, which really surprises me. But she's going to have to add a few years before I let her drink it. Maybe when she becomes a "teenager"...

ysalek

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Coffee
If you're trying to kick your java habit you might want to reconsider. A recent Finnish study of 1,400 longtime coffee drinkers reveals that people who sipped between three to five cups of coffee a day in their 40s and 50s reduced their odds of developing Alzheimer's disease by 65 percent compared with those who downed fewer than two cups a day.
Researchers believe that coffee's caffeine and ample antioxidants are the keys to its protective affects.