Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Is Coffee Safe For Children?

This is a discussion on Is Coffee Safe For Children? within the Coffee Drinks forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; Coffee hangouts have become fashion for today's teenagers after college, it is concerning, does coffee have subtle side effects in the long run, calcium deficiency ...

Is Coffee Safe For Children?

Coffee hangouts have become fashion for today's teenagers after college, it is concerning, does coffee have subtle side effects in the long run, calcium deficiency or something like that??

Does it stimulate their exam performance ? ANY IDEA? HELP I HAVE TWO TEENAGERS

2. # ADS

Re: Is Coffee Safe For Children?

there has been a few posts on children drinking coffee...and i cant remember who wrote the comment but he said that parents should be grateful that their children are drinking coffee rather than getting hammered on alcohol.

I have been drinking coffee from a very young age (my mother told me i use to take gulps of her coffee as a baby) and as far as calcium goes, Ive been told by my dentist that i have extremely strong teeth (ignore the fine yellow tint due to the coffee, lol) and ive never broken a bone in my body.

as far as the exam performance goes, i wont be able to comment...what i experienced myself when i was still studying was that instead of doing the energy drinks and stuff while studying, i had a french press by my side...not because of the caffeine rush or anything, it was my way of taking a break between chapters.
    Does coffee make you more alert?
    Im sure it does, but I dont think it will compromise for not studying.

And if you are worried that your children are spending too much time in coffee shops, their cash flow will run out soon enough, so they'll have to spend less time there eventually.

use the search option to look for other articles on children drinking coffee....there are more than just a few.

Hope it helps....
    some people have pearly whites.....others drink coffee!

Coffee is also positively implicated in reducing the risk for Parkinson’s disease, liver cirrhosis, colon cancer and even gallstones.

I don't think that coffee is designed for children. But those from college are not "children" anymore. They can be child-ish but not literal children. SO back to the point. Caffeine does the thing here and if they would drink a relax or a decaf coffee, the effects would not be the same. I am a med student and I started drinking my nightly caffeine fix stretching to undergraduate school and I had to stop as there is involuntary shaking in my hands. A result of getting to coffee at a very young age.

I think "teenager" is OK consuming coffee...

Hi CoffeeBeans,

I'm not sure if this helps you but, I've been drinking coffee since the age of 12, I'm 6ft. 2", (never experienced a growth stunt), - in great health, - though I must admit, I'm absolutely addicted.

I think its fine for teens to drink coffee.

Scientists found that drink coffee and calcium doubled in urine , that is the calcium excretion increase.
    So, long drink coffee maybe affect children skeletal development.

-----------------------------------------------------
    Hogan Scarpe, Sito Hogan, Outlet Hogan, Hogan 2011 Vendita

Well, for starters, it's better than consuming alcohol, seconds, teenagers are exposed to much more caffeine from beverages like Coca Cola, Red Bull and their family than from coffee, when I was a teen there was a thing called Jolt which had even twice the caffeine (does it exist today?).

As a parent, it's all about what my child learns from me as an "educating adult". sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
    Bottom line, if my kids see me having coffee, I have a really weak case in telling them not to consume it...

I'm sure that coffee is OK, as long as it is drank in moderation... Just like for us adults

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Ads