Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Coffee Online

It comes from animal droppings?

Coffee Luwak, especially from Lampung And Bali, Indonesia. But remember, Only Coffee from Wild Luwak which is recommended, not from the caged one.

hmm, too much rumour about it, I'm not going to argue about the authenticity, but one thing for sure "price does matter". If you buy the cheap one, you get the fake one. I don't like the caged luwak, they get sicked and can't produce good coffee beans. I don't know why, maybe a little stressed, and they can't picked what food they want to eat each day, every day the same menu. LoL

Won
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Most Expensive Coffee In The World-coffee-bean.png  

I think civet coffee, is one of the world's most expensive and low-production varieties of coffee

The most expensive coffee in the world is based ... droppings of civet droppings and the resulting coffee. Photos posted by Peter Dalsgaard respectively and Simon Wong.

Behind these little piles of droppings of civet, a nocturnal mammal living in Indonesia, there are also the most valuable product of the country. Discover the amazing secret of making "Kopi Luwak", the most expensive coffee in the world.

With its excrement, the palm civet, which at one time, was considered a wound in the region, became the queen of coffee plantations in Indonesia. This animal that looks like a weasel feeds on ripe coffee berries but, unable to digest grains, he defecates intact. And at the time of passage of grain through the digestive tract of the civet, a combination of enzymes causes a chemical reaction that gives a unique taste to coffee.

With this natural fermentation, a cup of "Kopi Luwak" costs 20 euros in cafes and restaurants. A bag of 370 grams can, in turn, reach the exorbitant price of 200 euros.

HHB
    wow. great info everyone, thanks.

Kopi luwak or civet coffee its Asian i think my friend told she tasted it once and its amazing something you would want to taste over and over again but its not really spread around because it costs 160 dollars per pound
    Last edited by PinkRose; 07-05-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Removed a Non-Coffee Related Link From His Signature

Talking Balinese Coffee

Kopi Bali uses only high grade beans
    cultivated in the highlands of Bali, where volcanic soil and a cool climate provide a highly favourable environment for the arabica coffee tree.
    SO contact Us baliexportproduct yahoo com

When in Bali, I was told that this special coffee made by a "toddy cat" would cost $50 a cup. Like any type of cat, I'd have needed 9 lives if I had gave in to the temptation to try it.

I settled for a regular Kopi with full cream, sugar and loved it all the same. Glad to hear it's not all it's hyped up to be.

According to the study, Kopi Luwak is a good coffee since civets eat coffee cherries containing better beans. Once defecated, these are collected. But I don’t think so that this coffee is the most expensive one than the other coffee grown in high mountains. It is just exaggerated to make it very expensive. I have never tasted this kind of coffee, but maybe due to the people inquisitiveness to try, then they are pricing it too high.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links