Best type of coffee to be iced

jdougal

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I personally am not a fan of hot beverages but enjoy the flavor or ice coffee. Whenever I brew coffee at home and add ice it just never turns out that good. I've already doubled the amount of coffee used to brew. Does anyone have any tips on creating a good iced coffee? Also what type of blend/coffee is best iced? I personally haven't started into my adventure of coffee past the stuff found at super markets. So where should I start?

Ellie

Dec 27, 2004
GA
Visit site
Use the cold brew method of brewing coffee. The iced coffee made this way is so delicious! There is no bitterness at all, and it has less acid (pH-wise).

There are two ways that I know of to do this:
1. Put about a cup of ground coffee (Kenya or Costa Rica Tarrazu are fabulous) in a 34-oz french press, and fill with cold water. Let sit 12 to 24 hours, and press. Pour over ice, and add water to dilute according to your taste. Depending on your taste, this could make enough for 2 to 5 cups.

2. Use a Toddy brand cold brewer, and follow their directions. This is how I make mine. It makes about a quart of very concentrated coffee. I use 1 ounce of this in a 16-oz cup full of ice, with water added to the top. Refreshing and delicious! You can add flavoring, milk, cream, etc. if desired.

Hope you like it as much as I do!
Ellen

electrickettles

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
You can make your own iced coffee as the following recipe:

Into each stemmed coffee glass went:
1/2 a teaspoon of cadbury hot chocolate powder
a (freshly roasted) espresso shot
a shot of Kahn Coffee liqueur
a shot of fresh cream
1/4 cup cold milk