Coffee vs health

ngaisteve1

Aug 18, 2004
Visit site
I began to like to drink coffee but at the same I am a little concern also of my health. Is it drinking too much coffee affect health? How to maintain my health at the same time I can enjoy coffee? Maybe certain coffee is more healthier to drink.

Coffee as a beverage has been around a very long time. Over the centuries it has been marketed as being excellent for curing a number of ailments (from impotence to influenza!) and has also been banned for being a beverage that incited violence, revolution and caused everything from heart disease and strokes to blindess and (surprise) impotence! Anyway there are numerous modern studies both supporting the virtues of drinking coffee and those studies saying it causes health problems.

I guess the best thing to do, if you are concerned, is to drink coffee in moderation. Several cups a day certainly should be safe. I know some of the guys that post here drink...well...a good many shots more than that! Also you could look at sticking to arabicas (as I outlined in my PM). A darker roasted arabica certainly has less caffiene content than the robustas that are pretty prominant in small coffee warungs or sold in the markets in places like KL.

georgewhittington

Apr 1, 2019
Visit site
Yes, drinking too much coffee can affect on your health. Drinking more than 6 or 7 cups a day might cause “caffeinism” with symptoms such as anxiety or agitation. Coffee containing caffeine can cause insomnia, nervousness and restlessness, stomach upset, nausea and vomiting, increased heart and breathing rate, and many other side effects. Caffeine known to have properties similar to oral ED drugs such as Kamagra, according to Dr. Run Wang. It triggers some effects that cause the blood vessels in your penile organ to relax, increasing blood flow and causing a harder erection.

SnowBall

Jun 6, 2019
Visit site
Hello.

Yes, coffee can affect health especially when you have high acid level. It is always better to consume everything in moderation because too much of anything can affect us negatively.

Octane

Jul 24, 2019
Visit site
Hi, OP!

Like everything it depends on multiple factors if something is healthy. Of course, coffee has some great upsides but some downsides too. For instance, coffee is pretty good for you as it has anti-oxidants and such. But consuming caffeine regularly is definitely not optimal living, though it shouldn't be a major concern. And I'm sure there are much more important negative habits you should focus on breaking.

Sure thing: you can only enjoy the benefits of coffee if the beans are freshly grinded, and if you're searching for a healthy bean make sure it's organic.

Albertmitchell

Jul 30, 2019
Buffalo
Visit site
Of course, excessive consumption of coffee will give negative consequences to your organism. But it can be the same due to excessive consumption of tea, for example, or any other drink. I believe that you don't need to dwell on the harm, but just enjoy 1 cup per day, for example. Drink one by one with other drinks.

There is a coffee drink chicory yet. Even nutritionists are advised to drink it.

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
Whatever people or any other known institutes say, this is my take about coffee vs health.

we live once. then, no one knows how and when we will go.
there are people who smoked cigarettes for their entire lives and lived to 100.
and there are people (like my father) who died from Liver cancer at 59 without drinking a drop of alcohol in his life time. but he smoked, but rather than dying from lung cancer, he died from liver cancer.

it does not matter when you go or how you go.
just enjoy your life to the fullest and eat & drink in moderation and exercise everyday.
and then, whatever happens to you is not up to you. Nor it is up to coffee or alkaline or anything else.

And as for me, if it weren't for the coffee, I wouldn't have started my second mission in life and I have measured out my life with what kind of coffee I can drink and how much I can really enjoy.

Those situations you mention where people who don't smoke come up with lung cancer or liver cancer without drinking are the exception, not the rule. We DO know what can cause our health to go south. But if someone has high blood pressure, drinking as much coffee as they want will most definitely cause other problems. This is not a question. So to suggest that we should just throw caution to the wind and do whatever we want simply because "we only live once" is foolish. And actually we do live more than once. We live every day. Until we die. We only die once. Think on that one for a bit.