Cold Brewed Iced Coffee

calchapman9

May 8, 2011
New York
Visit site
Hey everyone! I'm wondering how you all make your iced coffee. I love drinking it, especially during the hot summer months. I'm also a big fan of cold brewed coffee, so I've recently been combining the two.

I'll take my coffee press pot, add cold filtered water and the ground coffee, and let it steep overnight in the fridge. The next morning, push the plunger down and the iced coffee is ready to go. Super easy.

Cal Chapman
The Coffee Mash

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
I too would like to know. Especially the coffee used by almost every deli/bagel/diner type place down here in FL. They all have a similar taste in terms of ice coffee that I love. One told me they get their coffee from a company called Celeste or something like that? Like the place I went to today, they just poured their brewed coffee over ice (large cup) and it was so good, doesn't get watered down till the end.

PEBARTS

Jul 28, 2011
Brandon, MS
Visit site
Sounds like you have a great setup so far! I've just gotten into iced coffee, had an Iced Caramel Latte at a local shop here in Jackson, MS, called Sneaky Beans.....UUUUGGGGGHHHHH...SO GOOD!!

rlauzon

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I use an Hourglass. Put the grounds in, fill with water. Wait and pour off the extract.

I made the ice coffee by pouring some extract into a glass, adding ice, then adding water. I like mine black with a little Splenda. Maybe I'll add some vanilla extract.

Yarbooa

Aug 21, 2011
Israel
Visit site
This is my five minutes iced coffee.
One tall glass
One espresso shot
Two ice cubes
Milk (3% fat)
Take tall glass, put 2 ice cubes, prapare your favorite espresso (sugar if you like it, goes here so it can melt), pour espresso shot into the iced glass, add cold milk - you're done!
Have fun.

Angelina

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Time: 5 minutes, plus 12 hours’ resting
1/3 cup ground coffee (medium-coarse grind is best)
Milk (optional).
1. In a jar, stir together coffee and 1 1/2 cups water. Cover and let rest at room temperature overnight or 12 hours.
2. Strain twice through a coffee filter, a fine-mesh sieve or a sieve lined with cheesecloth. In a tall glass filled with ice, mix equal parts coffee concentrate and water, or to taste. If desired, add milk.
Yield: Two drinks.

MoffeeCoff

Feb 15, 2012
Australia
Visit site
Has anyone tried the Oji cold brew tower? They had one in a cafe in Melbourne, Australia that I visited and it produced a delicious, fairly viscous, espresso-style drink.

Fullpress

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes! The Oji brewer is by far the highest quality and most precise. I have had the pleasure of drinking this style of coffee in Japan as well as select places around the US line Cafe Vita, WholeFoods in Austin, and Blue Bottle in San Francisco. I'm hooked.

So much so that I went on a tirade to find out where to buy one. They have been impossible to find until recently. There's only one group marketing them on the Internet at slodrip dot com. They use Square so they can also be found on their site, too. They have the entire line of products so you can buy a smaller version for your home for a third of the price of a big one.