Types Of Coffee Drinks

It can sometimes be daunting walking into a coffee house and seeing the long list of coffee varieties and drinks on the menu. What’s the difference between a latte and an Au lait? How does a cappuccino differ from an Americano? We’ll try to make it all clear for you below:

Americano: A single shot of espresso with about 7 ounces of hot water added to the mix. The name for this coffee drink stemmed from an insult to ‘uncouth’ Americans who weren’t up to drinking full espressos.

A Shot in the Dark: See ‘Hammerhead’.
    Black coffee: A drip brew, percolated or French press style coffee served straight, with no milk.
    Cafe au Lait: Similar to Caffe Latte, except that an au lait is made with brewed coffee instead of espresso. Additionally, the ratio of milk to coffee is 1:1, making for a much less intense taste.
    Cafe Breva: A cappuccino made with half and half milk, instead of whole milk. The theory is that the mix gives a richer, creamier flavor. You should be aware, before trying this for yourself, that half and half is much harder to foam.
    Caffe Latte: Essentially, a single shot of espresso in steamed (not frothed) milk. The ratio of milk to coffee should be about 3:1, but you should be aware that latte in Italian means ‘milk’, so be careful ordering one when in Rome.
    Cafe Macchiato: A shot of espresso with steamed milk added. The ratio of coffee to milk is approximately 4:1.

Thumbs up

Great topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more.
    Thanks for great information I was looking for this information for my mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffwilliams View Post
    Great topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more.
    Thanks for great information I was looking for this information for my mission.
    thanks and i will continue to provide new information

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links