Coffee Beer: good brands?

coffeebandits

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey, has anyone here had a good experience with coffee beer? What brand/brewery did it come from? Generally curious, potentially thinking of selling the stuff at our shop.

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
Ahh just my type of topic, I'm like a beer connoisseur lol. Like mentioned above, Stone makes some excellent coffee stouts. And if you go to their brewery (which by the way is one of the coolest ones around and excellent food as well), they make some custom offerings you can only get there. I had a crazy good one there but can't recall the name.

Terrapin out of GA makes one called Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Stout which I love.
Terrapin Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Stout - Terrapin Beer Company - Athens, GA - BeerAdvocate

Founders makes an excellent one called the Breakfast Stout
Founders Breakfast Stout - Founders Brewing Company - Grand Rapids, MI - BeerAdvocate

A
nd like Topher mentioned, Funky Buddah is where we live, they have some good beers too.

coffeebandits

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Very cool, I'll check those out, Surfer. Much obliged. :D And wmark, unfortunately, we will not be having beer on tap; we will be providing unique microbrews that aren't available elsewhere in town.

Angelina

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
BIG wood, bourbon, vanilla and coffee on the lighter side. It's very roasted and rich. This has some age on it, so I'm sure the coffee isn't as pronounced as it could be, but with as great of a base beer as BCS is, it still adds to the dynamic of this beer regardless. :-?
Cleantech Events

Last edited:

IanM

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
A brand of coffee beer that I recently tried was called Mill Street Brewery Coffee Porter. Worth a try, but not one I would drink all the time.

elbo88

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi coffeebandits have you thought about just using coffee syrup to flavour the beer? i use syrups in my tea and coffee, baking and pretty much everything i consume.