Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Hello "Shen"

It seems that you have already noticed that you feel better when you have some food in your stomach.

Lots of people have a problem drinking coffee on an empty stomach. Try having lunch first, or at least try eating something before you drink the coffee.

Rose

Talking

Hi Rose

Very thanks for your reply, friendly speaking my city Singapore, most people don't discuss much knowledge on types of coffees but to me it's worth joining the forum. Because my purpose is to share and discover better knowledge from your members. Yes after eating something is more better as I learn a better habit toady.

Regards
    Last edited by Shen; 08-01-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Hello Shen;
    My best friends wife also has a problem with acid in coffee. She has found that cold brew coffee has helped alot as cold brewed coffee has less acid in the cup. Something to think about if eating first doesn't totally help.
    Brian

Hi Brian, I don't think cold coffees may affects our daily life eating & living lifestyle, more important is you have to know those environment are they clean enough or not to brew a coffee. I lately discover few months ago I buy a traditional coffee from an old shop outside the market, and there's 1 to 2 times I got stomach ache from the similar stores, while I even drink Star bucks and The Coffee Bean across my cities Singapore, there's no problem and those coffee were fine.I would advice to watch out those coffee makers and places you may visit.

Hello Shen;
    Not sure if you understand what "cold brewed" coffee is. It is a process where you put ground coffee into cold water that then steeps/infuses for 12 to 24 hours to create a concentrate and then you can use that to make a cup of coffee. This method has proven to decrease acidity in coffee by the brew method.
    Brian

Super Moderator
    Hello "Shen"

Are you saying that you think the places where you got the coffee were not clean, and you think that may be why your stomach was upset after drinking the coffee there?

And are you saying that when you went to Starbucks and The Coffee Bean and bought coffee your stomach didn't get upset?

In your original message, you said that you didn't have lunch before drinking the coffee and your stomach got upset.

Did you eat anything before you bought the coffee in the places that you thought were not clean?

From now on, if you go into a place, and see that it's not clean, it would be better if you just turn around and walk out!

Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    Hi Brian, I don't think cold coffees may affects our daily life eating & living lifestyle, more important is you have to know those environment are they clean enough or not to brew a coffee. I lately discover few months ago I buy a traditional coffee from an old shop outside the market, and there's 1 to 2 times I got stomach ache from the similar stores, while I even drink Star bucks and The Coffee Bean across my cities Singapore, there's no problem and those coffee were fine.I would advice to watch out those coffee makers and places you may visit.
    Like posted above, cold brewed is generally different then "cold" coffee where majority just take hot coffee/espresso whatever and pour over ice, you'll still have the acid that I guess some people are sensitive too. But cold brewed coffee, made in something like the Toddy or Sowden Soft Brew is steeped for 12+ hours and makes a very smooth tasting coffee with much less acidity.

For some reason I don't like spicy coffee.

That's the problem with me)

in my opinion Easy to clean, and preferably a machine that includes a nice grinder.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links