What do you say at starbucks?

Moka-Pot

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I order the same thing everytime (not that often, but still) and still feel like I'm tripping over the words.

Venti Mocha Caramel Latte with an Extra Shot of Espresso

It'll do in a pinch, but I hate paying $5+ for coffee that's not as good as what I can make at home.

youronlinecoffee

Feb 27, 2012
San Francisco
Visit site
That is easy...Nothing
I would not support Starbucks in any way shape or form. They have been the downfall of the coffee industry over the last 10 or more years. They have taken the coffee industry, cornered the buying of beans which has lessened the quality while increasing the price, all for their income advantage.

CJevens

Apr 18, 2011
Arlington, Va
Visit site
I politely ask if they could point me in the direction of the closest roastery.
Ding ding ding.
But sadly I dont know that they would know fresh "just roasted" coffee, so this might be a lost question.

That is easy...Nothing
+1

Friends dont let friends drink charbucks...LOL.

I have had starbucks coffee on many occasions and it isnt that bad, I just dont like anything over commercialized. Do you really need 100 different Starbucks branded accessories? Really? All this venti, blah, blah, blah.....How about a "12oz cup of black coffee" ? and it would be nice if it was roasted in the last 10-14 days, ground then brewed right away. It would also be nice to have a cup that was brewed less than 5 minutes ago.

Mr Shave

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand all the SBUX bashing and boycotting (?)

For those that are in the specialty coffee industry (owner, barista, online coffee sales) being familiar with Starbucks is very relevant to your business.

Strengths
1. Cleanliness
2. Efficiency
3. Consistency
4. Logistics
5. Branding
6. Marketing

I visit several shops a week, and have yet to find a show that couldn't take a few lessons from SBUX, on at least one of the items mentioned above

I am not defending them by any means. They went down a path that worked for them, a lot of us would do things differently if we had the opportunity. None the less, it took "specialty coffee" to the masses and opened doors for many of us

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I was just playing. I never let my employees speak down of Sbux to customers. When they start bashing sbux to me..I simply ask, "do you like your job?" Because lets be honest. If it wasn't for them..half the people in the industry wouldn't have jobs. They have helped make coffee a culture....

tazzadiluna

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Tall. Macchiato.

Every time I go, I dare myself to order their espresso served in paper cup just to see what it tastes like, but alas I am not brave enough to try it and so my mouth spatters, "Tall macchiato." Sometimes, I deviate to a "tall mocha." I know, not much difference. Both are just flavored lattes, vanilla and chocolate respectively. Sadly it is the best coffee in town, that's why I'm learning to roast my own coffee...

This girl got it down, though... hahaha!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I watched the video several times. Thanks for sharing it.

I can't imagine her (the actress) remembering all of that. They must have had a chart behind the barista that she was reading off of!

Rose