Coffee Fruit Drinks - antioxidant

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "OldSalt"

That was an interesting article. I have often wondered what happened to the tons of coffee berries after the seeds (coffee beans) were taken from them.

This introduction to the article caught my attention, and I read the whole thing:

"Between the bean, the caffeine, and the flavor, it’s hard to imagine a plant that has been more commonly utilized in the beverage industry than the coffee plant. Yet a new set of brands is making the argument that the most valuable part of the plant has actually been ignored.

That part is the coffee fruit, alternatively known as the coffee berry. It’s that part of the coffee plant that, much like other fruit, surrounds, nourishes and protects the coffee bean. While the shape, look and size of the fruit are reminiscent of a cranberry, it has a flavor that is sweet and rather non-descript, perhaps one of the reasons that unlike most other fruit, it is most often discarded in favor of its seed."

I'm glad someone found a use for the "coffee berries". I can't say I'd ever be tempted to try the resulting beverages, but I'm sure a lot of people will.

Rose

poorperson1

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Drink 1 to 2 cups of coffee a day can help your body fresh and flexible. However, with frequent use of higher doses can be addictive, increases the stress response, immune system impairment and increased risk of diabetes, heart in people at high risk.
Coffee is a very popular drink in many countries. Perhaps no one stimulant is used widely and legally worldwide as coffee. Coffee is sold in many forms, granules, powders or drinks on the spot, in supermarkets, restaurants or teahouses. You can purchase at any time and buy as much as you. Coffee is one stimulant. However, some recent information to indicate conflicting arguments about the effects of these drinks. There are many who say drinking coffee reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, dementia. Others say that coffee increases blood pressure, blood sugar even cause infertility. Where is the truth?

Last edited:

OldSalt

May 16, 2011
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Visit site
How to prepare Coffee Fruit Drinks at home
Richard, I have yet to find a reasonably-priced outlet, except that the Bai brand seems competitive at many soft drink counters. Sozo has packets of powder available if you follow the link and drop in the code above, but even it seems to remain at novelty pricing. Please let us know if you find a better source!?

CoffeeLovers

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
The coffee fruit which is the red berry around the coffee bean is the best antioxidants. These anti-oxidants from the red berry are vitalizing and nutritionally very powerful. This will increase your sense of wellness and help you to stay younger.

And you know why this coffee berry is red? This is because it naturally protects the berry from higher amounts of radiation existing in the higher elevations where coffee is grown. This coffee fruit is high in anti-oxidants, but not high in caffeine.