About adding whip cream to coffee

satimis

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Having tried adding whip cream to coffee I found it is quite tasty.

Remark:
I prepare coffee direct from beans using Saeco Semiautomatic machine.

Each time preparing whip cream together with preparing coffee it is wonderful because the whip cream is fresh. But it is NOT convenient. Is it possible whipping the cream for one week consumption and keep in glass jar refrigerated?

TIA

B.R.
satimis

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "satimis"

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

I agree that fresh whipped cream is a tasty treat - in coffee or whatever you want to put it on.

Freshly whipped cream doesn't hold its consistency for more than a couple of hours. It starts to deflate and become a liquid again. You can always use the liquid in your coffee, but it won't be the same.

I don't know where you live, but in the United States there are plenty of brands of whipped cream that taste pretty close to fresh.

Do you add sugar to the cream before you whip it, or do you whip it right from the container?

I'm curious....why do you prefer to put whipped cream into your coffee instead of regular whole cream (if it's the cream flavor you're looking for) Do you just like to eat the whipped cream with a spoon before drinking the coffee?

Also, there is a handy gadget that you can use to whip just enough cream for your coffee. Aerolatte Milk Frother,Satin: Amazon.com: Kitchen & Dining

Rose

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello satimus;
I have to agree that whipped cream in hot coffee is good for a little decadence. I don't like whipped cream on iced capps/frapps cause it leaves a film on my tongue.
I can also think of a few other things that whipped cream go on......... (it gets cold here in Canada)
Brian

satimis

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi Rose,

- snip -

Freshly whipped cream doesn't hold its consistency for more than a couple of hours. It starts to deflate and become a liquid again.
- snip -
Adding confectioner's sugar to whip, the whipped cream can retain its shape for a week. But the whipped cream must be kept in refrigerator. However another problem surfaces. The whipped cream becomes hard not soft. It is NOT suitable for icing cakes.

I don't know where you live, but in the United States there are plenty of brands of whipped cream that taste pretty close to fresh.
The whipping creams available in the supermarkets here, Hong Kong, taste very fresh.

- snip -
I'm curious....why do you prefer to put whipped cream into your coffee instead of regular whole cream (if it's the cream flavor you're looking for) Do you just like to eat the whipped cream with a spoon before drinking the coffee?
Adding whipped cream to coffee makes it tasting soft.

Also, there is a handy gadget that you can use to whip just enough cream for your coffee.
Thanks for your link.

I'm using Braun Multiquick 5;
amazon.co.uk/BRAUN-blender-whisk-attachment-MR500/dp/B000U0W4VI/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

to whip cream.

satimis

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi Brian,

What are they? Thanks

satimis

Icing Sugar, Marshmallows, Ice Cream Cone, Oreo Cookie Bits, all of these things go with coffee :)

You might try out some of the flavored ones like strawberry as well..

About the only thing I haven't had the guts to try is that "cheese" coffee :/

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I'll try.

Have tried lemon/strawberry/vanila flavor. Not much difference.

Cheese ?

Yeah, grated white cheese :/ Some people seem to like it quite a lot. I haven't had the guts to try it. Although, I guess it's a dairy product as well, so can't be too bad?

As long as it isn't a strong or salty cheese might be OK.

ppkgan

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I like the whipped cream, but don't get it often. I have tried to whip it by hand and that takes some work and is not as fluffy as if I had used it from a can.

@PinkRose that is cool will have to try that one out!

@Mugs I love cheese, but that sounds outlandish. Then again so did crackers with peanut butter and apples with spray on cheese until my grandma made it for me! lol

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
We use whipit whipped cream makers..We have something like 6 or so different flavors of whipped cream..
Whip_Cream_Maker.jpg