Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is this drink possible?

This is a discussion on Is this drink possible? within the Coffee Drinks forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; Hey, read the following drink in a book and wondered if it was actually possible to make this drink. Grande Latte, Double Espresso, Italian Blend, ...

Is this drink possible?

Hey, read the following drink in a book and wondered if it was actually possible to make this drink. Grande Latte, Double Espresso, Italian Blend, Light on the froth, Heavy on the Cinnamon, Whole milk not creamer or half and half and a shot of Raspberry. Other then the excessive instructions to it, is it actually possible to make it?

Thx!

2. # ADS

Super Moderator
    Hello "nightshade"

Welcome!

I'm wondering why you're asking this question? Are you looking to make this item at home?

Or do you work at Starbucks and you're testing us??

Yes, it's possible to make this item.

The Italian Blend may be a problem. You'd have to get those coffee beans first.

Rose

Super Moderator
    Usually people pull doubles for a grande latte. Just ask for a raspberry latte with whole milk. If they are using too much froth they are preparing the drink incorrectly. Hope this helps.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

I'm guessing the Italian blend would actually be an Italian roast.

Lol, No I don't work at starbucks. I was reading a book and one of the characters ordered this, So I asked my friend that works in a coffee place to make this and she didn't even think it was possible to have a grande latte double espresso because espresso doesn't have milk

Super Moderator
    no...I think what they were trying to say was put a double shot in the latte. Some companies only puy one shot in every size so they can up-charge for extra shots.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Hmmm... I will need to spend some time to attempt to make it... At first glance, it doesn't really look like it's possible. I mean, I have never tried to make anything like that with whole milk instead of cream.. I know it doesn't work well with fat free (don't ask....)..

Well, It really seems to be interesting but I'm not much concerned about it.
    I just want to know about the varients. Any book available?
    Cosider it my passion!
    Last edited by topher; 10-15-2012 at 05:29 AM. Reason: No URL posting

I am not sure if it is possible but it sure sounds good! I would love it on a snowy day by a fire!

Seems to be really nice drink. Why don't you try this at first using smallest of the quantities possible and then try with the normal quantities if it all goes well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads