Beast

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
About to install our new beast! We currently use 1.5 gallon dispensers for out coffees. Problem is that we are blowing through 3 gallons per half hour during our rush. So we invested in this 3 gallon brewer for our rushes...this weekend it will be up and running! Just in time for season!
beast.jpgbeast brew.jpg

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi Topher,

Wow! Three gallons per half hour is a whole lot of coffee! Does this happen every day or just on weekends? How many people do you have working the counter during your rush times?

The Beast is a smart move. I hate it when I constantly have to watch the coffee level to know when to brew more, especially when someone else is also working the counter, and she's using the coffee but not lookng at how much is left. It's embarrassing to run out of coffee. Sometimes I have to ask people to wait, which is not a good thing.

How long does it take to brew 3 gallons? (is it double the time as the 1.5, or longer) Does the coffee taste the same, or will you be tweaking it for a while until you get it right?

That huge coffee urn must be a bear to wash out at the end of the day!

Rose

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Wow 3 gallons in half an hour!!! Most shops don't do that in a morning and some don't do that in a day. No wonder you roast so much coffee.
Brian

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Its not my coffee shop...its one of the bagel shops I roast for. We have 14 as of now and 40 more by 2014. Each franchise buys from me. The one were this is going is our busiest location. We have 3 people on register. Even though on weekends there is a line out the door, they can move it pretty quick. I haven't installed it yet but once I program the brewer I will be able to answer the other questions. Cleaning is that difficult. The top comes off and you can get in deep.