fix or dump?

thumpersmom

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I posted a bit ago about my steamer on my Saeco Vspresso not working at all. Now it says "tray missing" (duh, it's not). I've had this machine for almost 6 years ago, 2000 or so cups of espresso, and about 3 trips already to have it repaired. I got it for $450 new, so I think I've gotten my use out of it. It has worked well for me, but I'm getting fed up with the repairs, since I have to drive 1.5 hours each way to have it fixed. While I wish I could say I could spend $1500 or so on a machine, I'm looking at another Saeco Odea Plus at Costco for $400.

The other side of me doesn't want to throw it away.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

hotrod351

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
you say youve had it repaired 3 times, must not of been repaired very good. i would think that Saeco would be the best people to repair it. if you could get an idea what they would charge to fix it then id go from there. if they could repair it for $200.00 and you paid $450.00 6 years ago, im sure its more now, and you would get another 6 years out of it then i say it would be wroth it, especially if you really like the machine. i always believe that if you buy a high dollar quality item and like it then its worth fixing. after all that saeco odea for $400.00 might only last 6 years and then your back in the same place. at least if they can fix yours for $200.00 then your only paying $200.00 for 6 years. just my opinion and we all have them,that iis opinions and b*tts and they both stink.

thumpersmom

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for your post. The repairs have been all for different things, and they've happened about once a year since year 2. They are good people, as far as I can tell, but I've probably spent $400 on repairs in the 6 years, plus travel each time.

ugh

hotrod351

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
well then if these repairs are all different then id say it wasnt a very good machine to need all of them and would go with a different model, or brand.