What brands of espresso machines are most durable and safe to buy used?

hersteps

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi there!
I am starting up a Drive-Thru cafe and deli. I am having a tough time deciding on an espresso machine. I would like to start out with a pre-owned semi-auto. I have learned quite a bit about them just by searching listings, but have also learned a lot about the level of care some people give them..i.e , not using filtered or softened water and lack of maintenance. I'm sure as in most things, certain brands will hold truer to the test of time and abuse. Does anyone have an opinion on this?
Thanks!

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I believe depends on how much of business you are trying to build up or try to prepare.
To start, I think one group Italian machine would work the best. Try to stick with popular brand name like Brazilia, Nuoa Simonelli, Astoria or Faema and more.
Also where are you going to buy the beans from?
Some of the local bean suppliers would have some used machine and usually they have someone who can fix them if they have problem.

Good Luck....

hersteps

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your input. I am still looking at bean suppliers and weighing out the differences in using a supplier I have within an hour drive or a larger business named Kaldi which is 500 miles away.Heard of them? I like the idea of having faces to voices though!

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I even saw small one group espresso machine pretty cheap. It need some work but I think it was for sale for like 500 dollars.... lol... It is just for small operation but very small investment I think... If you need the info, i will forward the advertizement...