Finally broke down and got a Jura J9 machine

htjunkie

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I've been drinking coffee for quite a few years, wasn't into it until in the last year or so. Got myself a Keurig and while it works great and easy to try different cups, I really like to be able to do expresso and cappuccino.

Finally over the holidays and boxing week sale, got the Jura J9, thought it would take some time to operate, it doesn't seem bad at all now after a few coffee.

It would be nice when powering down, it immediately try to do a rinse but at the same time, I need to put a cup below the spout right away to catch the liquid. It would be nice to warn and confirm with the user a cup is there to catch the liquid before starting the rinse cycle.

Now that I know how it works, it's not too bad but I'm afraid one day my parents would try to make their own coffee and freaking out when the spout was dripping.

I made a cappuccino tonight and I would have liked more foam in the cup. Is there any way to adjust with the machine to make it more foamy? I beleive there's a wait time in between dispensing milk and coffee into the cup, should I add more wait time there?

Generally how many cups for a 1lb bag?

Much appreciate your help.

Last edited: