Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 01-30-2013, 10:50 PM #1
The Aeropress has many methods. What's yours?
I want to start out by saying sorry if there is already a thread like this; if there is, I'd love to read it.
Secondly I'd like to say that there are many coffee preparations that I put above the Aeropress, but I still must admit it is an amazing preparation. The great thing about it is that there are so many deferent ways to make coffee with it. There are so many variations that each brewer chooses to satisfy his or her taste (I personally have 2). What I want to know is what is your preferred method? Do you invert it? Or do you go right off the box?
I'd like to start out by posting my two methods.
The first is my personal favorite: my "afternoon" method
- Preheat cup and rinse filter
- Grind should be slightly coarser than drip coffee and slightly finer than sea salt with a medium, medium-dark roast
- 21 grams of coffee in an inverted
- 190 degree water poured slowly as to wet all of the grounds and then to the bottom of the 2
- after a few seconds (around 5) “chop” with the paddle to make sure all of the grounds are wet then stir briskly for 12 seconds
- let rest for 30 seconds, then fill water to a bit more than the top of the 2
- press for 10 seconds, stop when the hissing starts
- add water to a 2:1 or 1:1 coffee to water ratio depending on taste (Usually 1:1)
The second is my "Breakfast" method
- Start off with 17-18 (I use 18 ) grams slightly courser than the afternoon cup
- With water 30 seconds off of boiling, pour to the top of the 3 circle, JUST enough to wet the grounds
- Again “chop” the grounds to make sure they are all covered
- Let sit for 1 min
- After 1 min, add more water even with the top of the 2
- Screw on top
- Hold at a 45 degree angle with the filter UP, not down
- Turn the press like a rock tumbler to stir the coffee for 12 seconds
- Press for 5 seconds, stopping at the hissssss
- 1:1 coffee water ratio
- Preheat cup and rinse filter
- 01-31-2013, 09:04 AM #2
Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.
There have been several discussions on this Forum about how to use the Aeropress. When you have a few spare minutes, you can do a search (up at the right corner of your screen) and you will find topic areas where the Aeropress is mentioned.
I bought an Aeropress a couple of years ago, and I tried to use it all sorts of ways (adjusting coffee, water, temp, etc.) and I just couldn't get it to where I liked the resulting coffee. I liked how easy it was to clean, but that's about it.
I'm glad you're enjoying yours.
- By eldub in forum Coffee and Espresso MachinesReplies: 0Last Post: 04-13-2012, 08:42 PM
- By cuppED in forum Coffee and Espresso MachinesReplies: 19Last Post: 03-12-2012, 02:29 PM
- By jrich523 in forum Coffee and Espresso MachinesReplies: 11Last Post: 07-24-2011, 09:47 PM
- By supercoffee in forum Coffee and Espresso MachinesReplies: 10Last Post: 07-17-2008, 07:14 AM
- By mpkelley20 in forum Coffee Beans & Espresso BeansReplies: 14Last Post: 02-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.