Machine loosing pressure

Stevenmax

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I have had my La Cimbali M32 Bistro for almost 10 years. I had to replace the pump in it a few months ago due to a leak. Since that time it seems to still loose alot of water in the tank from evaporation, I think. It might be steaming off, but I cannot see any steam coming from the release valve or anywhere else. Just a little while ago I started with a full tank. I made 1 drink. About 30 minutes later when I started to make another drink I saw where the pressure had dropped to zero. The tank is full. I turned the machine off, then on, and after a few minutes the pressure came back up. This is not an isolated incident. It has happened to me around 3-4 times now. On top of that, whenever I make a drink the pressure does not stay up like it used to. It drops out of the green. Normally it comes right back up. But I used to be able to steam milk and draw a shot at the same time. Now I have to do them 1 at a time. What can be causing my pressure problems?

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
If your tank went from full pressure to zero then back to full after you shut it off and turned it back on you might have an electrical issue. I'll have to check if the M32 has a contactor relay or a solid state relay. By the sounds of it the M32 isn't responding to a call to heat and eventually bottoms out. Things to check. The pressure stat. You can hold it open and closed if the machine heats and stops heating when your opening and closing the switch then you can rule it out. A contactor or a solid state relay you'll need a multi-meter and check the incoming actuating voltage as well as the output sides.