Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Comparing 4 profesional coffee machines - but I need help please

This is a discussion on Comparing 4 profesional coffee machines - but I need help please within the Coffee and Espresso Machines forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; Thanks for that, I m getting 2 years warranty parts and service.. so I think this whould be ok no? Does the grinder have an ...

Thanks for that, I m getting 2 years warranty parts and service.. so I think this whould be ok no?
    Does the grinder have an effect on the actual coffee flavour?

2. # ADS

For the espresso, the grinder makes huge differences

Simonelli!

FWIW that Wega grinder is a rebadged Compak, which is on par with Mazzers, etc.

The Nuova Simonelli MDX is an excellent grinder, having a 64mm burr set and the best micrometric burr adjustment system of any grinder I've used. Able to grind 14-15 grams in 7~ seconds based on my use over several years.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeJunky View Post
    For the espresso, the grinder makes huge differences
    True to a degree. I'm not on the bandwagon that some are, beliving the equipment is what really makes all the difference. Fresh coffee and skill far outweigh equipment IMHO.

Most commercial grinders are similar for the most part, with exception of burr design/size, burr adjustment, etc. Same with espresso machines... you have two main types for those that don't know, either double boiler or heat exchange. Both achieve the same end result, just in a different way. As long as you have consistent brew temperature and pressure you will have good espresso regardless of brand provided all other variables are dialed in. Most look at the bells and whistles a particular machine may have, when you should always look at the heart of the system for quality, longevity, durability and consistency. For those that can't/won't do their own service work, be sure you have a tech somewhat close by for whatever brand you choose so downtime is minimized.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Quote Originally Posted by twoei22 View Post
    Thanks for that, I m getting 2 years warranty parts and service.. so I think this whould be ok no?
    Does the grinder have an effect on the actual coffee flavour?
    Flat burrs tend to highlight the heavy notes in coffee such as chocolate, caramel, nutty, etc. Conical burrs tend to highlight the more delicate notes such as citrus, berry, etc.

Re: Comparing 4 profesional coffee machines - but I need help please

Being in the espresso sales and service business, I will tell you that many machines use similar components, or at least components of similar quality. Brasilia and Simonelli are two good companies. But, since you are banking your business on the production of coffee, the service provider becomes most important. Does one of those companies offer better service than the other in your area ? Ask for references and follow up on them. I am in the New York metro area and espreaso/cappuccino machine companies have a tarnished reputation due to lack of service. We try hard but even we cannot cover all the territory quickly. This is A crucial consideration for you since one day of lost sales due to a broken machine may cost thousands of dollars. My recommendation: Find the best service company and see what equipment they sell. Is there a coffee supplier that also sells and services equipment? Coffee suppliers have a vested interest in insuring that your equipment is operational! If they do not respond they stand the chance of losing a coffee customer. If the equipment isn't working properly they lose coffee sales.
    Good luck,
    Greg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads