Comparing 4 profesional coffee machines - but I need help please

twoei22

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys.
I am setting up a coffee shop in Myanmar (Burma) and it is my forst coffee shop.. so I m sure I ll make plenty of mistakes. But one mistake I dont want to make is choose the wrong machine.
I have 4 quotes from 3 different companies, but cant really tell which one is better..
Can anyone help?

- Brasilia Maior
- WEGA Orion Gold
- WEGA EVD 2
- Simonelli APIA

All 2 group.

I have attached the specs...just incase. Thanks I really appreciate the guidance.

Cheers

Mani

Attachments

• appia.zip
    553.4 KB · Views: 101
  • brasilia-maior-en.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 178
  • Wega Orion_Atlas_Max64.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 188

twoei22

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Grinders

- WEGA
MAX 6.4M GRINDER BLACK

and the Simonelli attached.

Thanks

Attachments

• Grinders brochures 1.pdf
    834.4 KB · Views: 127

twoei22

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I will be opening in 5 weeks.. can you please tell me what I need to look for? And what difference it makes? thanks a lot

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
For stater, most of the grinders do about the same job but durability is different. Some of them breaks and need to constantly maintained. Which means, parts and labors are very expensive and you cant afford the down time due to break down.

Mazzer

mahlkonig

compak

these are what many prefer... I am sure some will argue some others are better but I think those above are clearly the better brand

twoei22

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that, I m getting 2 years warranty parts and service.. so I think this whould be ok no?
Does the grinder have an effect on the actual coffee flavour?

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
FWIW that Wega grinder is a rebadged Compak, which is on par with Mazzers, etc.

The Nuova Simonelli MDX is an excellent grinder, having a 64mm burr set and the best micrometric burr adjustment system of any grinder I've used. Able to grind 14-15 grams in 7~ seconds based on my use over several years.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
For the espresso, the grinder makes huge differences

True to a degree. I'm not on the bandwagon that some are, beliving the equipment is what really makes all the difference. Fresh coffee and skill far outweigh equipment IMHO.

Most commercial grinders are similar for the most part, with exception of burr design/size, burr adjustment, etc. Same with espresso machines... you have two main types for those that don't know, either double boiler or heat exchange. Both achieve the same end result, just in a different way. As long as you have consistent brew temperature and pressure you will have good espresso regardless of brand provided all other variables are dialed in. Most look at the bells and whistles a particular machine may have, when you should always look at the heart of the system for quality, longevity, durability and consistency. For those that can't/won't do their own service work, be sure you have a tech somewhat close by for whatever brand you choose so downtime is minimized.