Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

grinder for non commercial

This is a discussion on grinder for non commercial within the Coffee and Espresso Machines forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; What grinder do you recommend to clients who like to buy whole bean and grind at home?...

grinder for non commercial

What grinder do you recommend to clients who like
    to buy whole bean and grind at home?

2. # ADS

Super Moderator
    I usually recommend the Capresso Infinity grinder, especially if they're grinding the coffee for a drip coffee maker or a French Press.

Thank you Pink Rose. Anyone else have a suggestion? Would be nice to give a couple of choices.

Super Moderator
    Do you know how your customers plan to make their coffee? Do they use a drip coffee maker, French press, or espresso machine?

You may eventually want to have a variety of grinders on your shelf - including a variety of sizes, and prices.

For example, I received a small grinder as a gift about 8 years ago, and I used it quite a lot before getting the Capresso Infinity grinder. It's not expensive, and it seemed to work okay for my needs at the time. Amazon.com: KRUPS 203-42 Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder with Stainless Steel Blades, Black: Kitchen & Dining

Rose
    Last edited by PinkRose; 02-23-2013 at 11:31 AM.

I just purchase a KRUPS 203-42 from Amazon for about $20 and I LOVE IT! I guess it can grind about a an 8oz cup of beans. You can hit it sparingly and intermittently for the coarse of the grounds or you can ground to a fine powder for a mix. I usually do that for my hazelnut beans.

It cleans up really nice although the blade can get in the way during clean-up.

It has a 4+ rating on Amazon with over 1300 reviews. Just copy, paste and search for it on Amazon.

Whoops! I didn't see PinkRose post before I sent mine; just click on her link.

Thanks so much, I will look into each one. I haven't yet started to sell my coffee, still in the learning phase, which I hope

to some extent is always the case.

Lots of factors to consider. Brew method(s), price range, electric or manual, level of snobbiness, etc.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeMate View Post
    I just purchase a KRUPS 203-42 from Amazon for about $20 and I LOVE IT! I guess it can grind about a an 8oz cup of beans. You can hit it sparingly and intermittently for the coarse of the grounds or you can ground to a fine powder for a mix. I usually do that for my hazelnut beans.

It cleans up really nice although the blade can get in the way during clean-up.

It has a 4+ rating on Amazon with over 1300 reviews. Just copy, paste and search for it on Amazon.
    May be a cheap "option", but blade and pseudo burr "grinders" ($50 and under) are not much better than just smashing the beans with a hammer to the desired level of fineness. Many think that grinding fresh is key regardless of the grinder being used, but that isn't the case. For those looking for a cheap option the only way to go IMHO is a hand mill. Most hand mills under $50 will be on par (grind quality) with electric mills costing 2-4 times as much.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Hmmm, Your post has intrigued me Shadow745!

I have never heard of a coffee hand mill and now I must experience the pleasure or perhaps the tedious effort of grinding with a hand mill; STRICTLY, out of curiosity because I am not on a quest to create the "Absolutely Perfect Cup of Coffee". I would love to taste the "APC of C". However, I won't pine over it if I don't experience it in my life time; I do plan to jump over to eBay and look into a hand grinder to see what it's all about and for a personal education.

Now on another note and please bare with me.

Aside from the fact that the beans would not be uniform, what are the adverse effect of putting coffee beans in a Zip-Lock bag then crushing them with a hammer (in a pinch of course)? Will it really affect the flavor adversely?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads