Estro Profi Usage

sheriff_bob

Nov 21, 2004
Visit site
Hey I had a quick question, as alot of people I have inherited one of these machines. My question about the order of operations. After I have done all the initial stuff and I have the coffee in place. I'm suppoed to press the coffee button and wait till the light turns green. Then heres the part im confused on am i supposed to push the button off and then turn the handle or leave the button on and just turn the handle slowly. Because if you turn the button off it does about 3 ounces after you turn the handle im guessing. If you leave it on it'll just keep pumping away. Also people keep talking about it taking 25 seconds. This machine pumps it out in about 3-4 seconds no matter what I do.

Thanks again for the help. I'm addicted to this machine now and the espresso it makes.

Bob Carns

Dec 14, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
You need to use the large basket with two doses from the grinder, tamping both, (setting 5 is a starting point grind). Prime the pump: steam button off, porta filter out, full twist on the steam knob for a shot of water (1 1/2 oz) wait for the green light to come back on. Snug pull on the porta filter (PF). Press shot button and wait until the sound changes, about 5 to 10 seconds and then turn the PF back to left to start shot. Strive for a 24 to 26 second shot with this machine. Change grind (lower number for finer grind, slower shot, tighter pull on the PF or tamp a little harder for slower shots. Reverse for faster shots. This ought to help. I just wore my machine out (daily shots for 8 years) and I'm looking for a new machine. Profi name is now Saeco. Good luck!

Bob Carns

Dec 14, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
I forgot to add, push shot button back in to stop pump and turn PF back to right to stop flow after the 24 or 25 seconds. After cleaning the grounds out, I always force some water thru the porta filter with the palm of my hand to rinse it out. Green light is to tell you the water is up to temp. after you primed the pump. 8)