Anyone ever try a Kenmore Burr Grinder?

Andy1799

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Im sure its not spectacular, but its a kenmore, decent brand, and can be had for 30 bucks.

Im primarily looking for drip and keurig use, occassional french drip

i cant post the link........

if you google kenmore burr coffee grinder

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Grinders like that use very cheap pot metal burrs that really have no cutting edge, but rather nubs that pulverize the beans into smaller pieces. They spin at high speed and beat the coffee to death. Of course most of us have had that type of grinder at one time or another. Guess it's better than a hammer, but not by much. The high speed/design will give you alot of fines as well as static.

At this point I'd highly suggest anybody wanting a decent electric grinder budget a bit more and get a Capresso Infinity, Baratza Maestro Plus (if still around) or Encore, etc. They have conical burrs and plenty of adjustment range for most users. If you want cheap and good grind quality a hand mill is the only way to go IMHO. Even though a higher end/more precise grinder is pretty much necessary for espresso, a decent grinder will make alot of difference with other brew methods as well.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
As shadow said above, most of the cheaper grinders grind the beans in very different size. When that happens your coffee won't brew evenly and lose much of flavor or start over extracting some and under on others. I would spend about 100-120 dollars and get the decent grinders.
Many of us feel this way but that does not mean your grinder is not worth using. If you are happy with the product it produces, i would stick with it. As long as you love what you have, there is not wrong doing anything.....