Coffee Vending Machines

Are coffee vending machines any good compared to what you would by in a coffee shop? I have seen them in 7-11's and the bigger ones on corners and wondered if they were any good.

Super Moderator
    Hello "JL503"

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

When I think of a coffee vending machine, the first word that comes to mind is "Yuck" I have had some terrible coffee from vending machines, and I doubt that one exists that has decent coffee.

There is no comparison between the coffee you get from a vending machine and what you get in a coffee shop, that is, unless the coffee shop is using stale, cheap, coffee and has a monkey working the coffee machine.

Rose

There is one coffee vending machine type that might come close to coffee house coffee. I can't remember the name brand but they grind, boil and brew the coffee after you insert the money. But even that type of machine, the owner only concern is the bottom line and also the customers do not expect the high quality coffee so I doubt you will get anything nearly as good as the one you will get from the reputable coffee house....

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    Hello "JL503"

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

When I think of a coffee vending machine, the first word that comes to mind is "Yuck" I have had some terrible coffee from vending machines, and I doubt that one exists that has decent coffee.

There is no comparison between the coffee you get from a vending machine and what you get in a coffee shop, that is, unless the coffee shop is using stale, cheap, coffee and has a monkey working the coffee machine.

Rose
    Rose,
    You have something against monkeys, lmao? When I was operating commercially I would choose a monkey over 95% of the "baristi" in the industry today.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Quote Originally Posted by shadow745 View Post
    I would choose a monkey over 95% of the "baristi" in the industry today.
    Is that lack of training or just different baristas have different styles of making coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by JL503 View Post
    Are coffee vending machines any good compared to what you would by in a coffee shop? I have seen them in 7-11's and the bigger ones on corners and wondered if they were any good.
    We use an Acorto, now Concordia 2500s It works great..produces an acceptable above average cup for a work environment, vastly superior to the Bunn next to it with preground. but a few steps below what I do at home with my La San Marco 95E Practical and Mazzer. Use fresh beans keep machine and milk system clean. We use about 5# every 7 days. If you do go for an Acorto, dont try the 1500s it did not meet our expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by JL503 View Post
    Is that lack of training or just different baristas have different styles of making coffee?
    Most of the so called "Baristas" at places like Starbucks, or some of the franchise coffee house do not give full training to be called Barista"
    I have hired few who have worked at some of the franchise coffee company and we had to train them all over again.

I am sure if you are independent coffee shop owners, you would train your baristas way they should be trained. .....

Coffee vending machines? Hate most, but the Saeco SG200s I've used are awesome, IF you tune it right, and IF you don't use it for any selection with milk. It uses powdered milk that can be OK, but often is really bad.* The unit itself has the Saeco burr grinder and brew group and it really can deliver a perfect espresso. You can buy them used for cheap.
    * If it uses natural healthfood type milk powder, it tastes OK. And if it uses super good chocolate, like Giridelli, then the mochas (and hot chocolate) are great.

Coffee vending machines are for waiting rooms. That's where they should stay because nothing good can come out of them.

Hi PinkRose,

Am a new one to the coffee forum, Your words are pleasant yet at the same time numerous coffeehouse is giving unhygienic espresso with a cheap expensive rate. however, some bistro is doing great administration with the quality cup of tea and espresso in shop.

Prerana

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links