I need help choosing a new machine!

Aralto

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

Recently I bought a De'Longhi Magnifica ESAM 3200.S but it came with a defect (I think it's a problem with the grinder). The store manager couldn't find a replacement of the same model (it is possible but could take time), so she offered a Philips Saeco Syntia Class HD8836/41 instead. I have other options as well, but the available machines on the store aren't many. The options are:

De'Longhi Intense ECAM 23210
Philips Saeco X Small
Oster Prima Latte
Philips Senseo Latte
Philips Saeco Poemia

and of course
Philips Saeco Syntia Class HD8836/41
or wait to see if she finds a
De'Longhi Magnifica ESAM 3200.S

I haven't listed some available models that use capsules such as the Dolce Gusto (but if they are worth it please let me know). My primary concerns are for coffee quality and machine durability. I won't be making too many coffees a day, perhaps 10 or a little more at most, usually less, but I do want a durable product that can consistently deliver good quality coffee (cappuccinos and other drinks are a plus, but the quality of the coffee itself is more important to me).

So what's my best option here? Accept the Syntia? See if she can get me another Magnifica? Or some of the other models? I'd highly appreciate some opinions before I make my decision!