Ideas on coffee maker?

regrab07

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I am currently in the design process for a new coffee maker,and I would like any and all feedback about my idea. If you guys could helpwith me out with this as it is also doubling as a school business project (bigpart of my final grade) (we have to develop a product and business plan aroundit)
Anyways here it is: The product would be a coffee mug thatdoubles as a built in coffee maker. I know that there are a few products on themarket that are already crossing into this category, but let me explain whymine would be different.
Although I would love for it to be a battery powered maker,but the technology would be very expensive to develop. For this sake, my coffeemaker will be powered from a regular 120v outlet. Now, it’s time for the actualdescription of the maker. It would be about the size of a 12-16 oz cup that isseparated into two compartments, just like a regular coffee maker. One would bethe reservoir and the other is where the coffee would be dispensed. Second thewater would be put into the outer part of the cup. It would then travel throughthe bottom into a heating element and back up through a tube that goes throughthe two compartments, and eventually up through to the lid. The lid would thendistribute the hot water over the coffee grounds, much like a drip style coffeemaker. Finally the coffee is dispensed into the inner cup.
At the bottom of the cup would be a retractable smallelectrical plug. One would simply add their favorite coffee (either from a designedcoffee pack, kind of like the one for a keurig but smaller, or a built infilter) then add the water, and finally plug it into the outlet. Then flip theswitch and the coffee would brew. Finally the cord would be self-retracting andbe stowed in a clip on the bottom side of the cup.
Basically my idea is a regular "looking" coffeecup that makes coffee all in one; eliminating the need for coffee makers to dispensethe coffee in a separate container. I think this would be very convenient. Iwould like to know who, if anyone would buy something like this? Thanks for thehelp!

CoffeyshopChris

Apr 22, 2013
Memphis,TN
Visit site
My only issue is that if I have to plug it in, why would I not just use a coffee maker I already have. I think the real draw of the devices already on the market is that you don't have to plug them in, or at least not that I've seen.

jollygoodboy

Mar 2, 2013
USA
Visit site
honestly, i'm reading this and trying to visualize how this coffee cup/maker would look since you say its separated into two parts. And like the above post mentions, heat and the "what makes it stand out" feature. For instance when i compare my gevalia drip coffee maker, to my new keurig brewer, obviously the fact that i'm not wasting coffee by brewing more than i'll drink by use of the k-cup appealed to me. With your idea, it sounds really awesome, but i think you will need to think about the current coffee makers, what they all have in common and then what they lack, and then adapt common feature as well as a lacking feature that's needed in order to make your brewer something that people feel that they MUST have. Perhaps, make it brewer hot AND cold drinks, i know i'd love an all in one brewer that not only brews hot beverages, but cool beverages too. just my opinion is all.....

Latest posts