Coffee Brewing With Alkaline Water?

wargun02

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Greetings and this is my first question to this forum. Just a request of opinion if anyone has ever tried brewing coffee (through espresso machine or french press) with Alkaline water? I so happened to have a home Panasonic alkaline water dispenser, which directly connects to the tap. I thought, well...since coffee is acidic and if I brew it with alkaline water, perhaps the acidity will be neutralized. Unfortunately, my coffee tastes flat after that...it just lost the little sense of sourness in the coffee.

I just want to verify if it should taste that way or is there something wrong with my taste buds? And what about how your tummy feels after that? Does it makes the tummy feels more comfortable or inflated and gassy?

Cheers.

wargun02

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps its just me. But anyway, i'm sticking back with normal filtered water. Makes my coffee taste like....coffee...

alank

May 5, 2013
Florida
Visit site
I've read that this type of water can increase your energy level and metabolism. Making coffee with alkaline water reduces some of the coffee's acidity and bitterness. It brings out coffee's natural aroma and flavor better than traditional water. Preferred method of making coffee: French press, stove top coffee maker or drip coffee machine

I'm not sure about the tummy feeling.