Used Cimbali M29 Select vs New Royal Tecnica 2 group

cupsand

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi all! I am new to the forum and figured I would jump right in! I am currently working on putting together a mobile food trailer that will serve coffee, espresso based drinks, and sandwiches in the Philadelphia area. I have tons of questions but will start with my espresso machine questions

I have the opportunity to purchase a Cimbali M29 Select from a local cafe that is upgrading their machine. The machine is roughly 7 years old and has seen a good amount of use over the years, however it has been well maintained. The maintenance company that works on the machine has a new 2 group Royal Tecnica for sale at roughly the same price of the Cimbali (purchase, descaling, and maintenance $3500). Can't find much info on the new machine.

Which is a better way to go??

Thank you!

cupsand

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks CoffeeJunky for your reply. I don't think a new machine in the 6-7k range is in my budget. I would like to get something new, which is why i want to try to find out more info on the Tecnica machine. One of our local technicians has a new machine for 3800. I'm having a hard time finding out info from someone who isn't selling it.