Water diversion problem in Jura Impressa C5

This morning I did my ritual Jura Impressa C5 cleaning cycle with the Cleaning Tablets. Only this time all of the water was in the water tray instead of the cup and the spend grounds tray had a lump of the white cleaning tab.

I took out the trays and did a rinse cycle to see if I could see anything wrong. I used a butter knife to activate the tiny tray switch so that I could see it without the trays obstructing my view. What I saw was the water draining out of the spout facing the water tray (red arrow).

I've already sent this thing into Jura twice. Considering how much it costs, it's terrible how much it breaks on me, especially since I only use once in the morning! I believe that it's out of warranty now and unless I want to spend a ton of money to repair it again, I'm on my own. Can anyone help me out, or at least point me to a resource that can help me diagnose this problem? Could the cleaning tablet have clogged something?

Water diversion problem  in Jura Impressa C5-img_20130512_165229.jpg

No water from coffee spout

Quote Originally Posted by spastickyle View Post
    This morning I did my ritual Jura Impressa C5 cleaning cycle with the Cleaning Tablets. Only this time all of the water was in the water tray instead of the cup and the spend grounds tray had a lump of the white cleaning tab.

I took out the trays and did a rinse cycle to see if I could see anything wrong. I used a butter knife to activate the tiny tray switch so that I could see it without the trays obstructing my view. What I saw was the water draining out of the spout facing the water tray (red arrow).

I've already sent this thing into Jura twice. Considering how much it costs, it's terrible how much it breaks on me, especially since I only use once in the morning! I believe that it's out of warranty now and unless I want to spend a ton of money to repair it again, I'm on my own. Can anyone help me out, or at least point me to a resource that can help me diagnose this problem? Could the cleaning tablet have clogged something?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130512_165229.jpg 
Views:	3103 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	1031
    Did you find the source of the problem? I have the same problem, just disassembled the machine and am trying to find out why the water is not getting through the brewgroup (it comes out of the Rinse spout fine). An yes, I too had just cleaned the machine with the special table.

After disassembling it, it started pouring coffee again.

Don't claim this thing isn't idiosyncratic. I guess it just needed a swift kick, but which part of it needed that kick still puzzles me. The problem is somewhere between the rinse valve and the brewgroup--and your picture seems about right.

Best thing I can tell you is to buy a spare group if you can find one. I understand why Jura doesn't want to sell that part because they make more money by forcing you to send the machine in. That valve usually can be cleaned up but it can go bad and will leak forever until the whole group is replaced.
    Have you ever walked through the aisle of your local grocer and smelled the death of a dying bean?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links