Water diversion problem in Jura Impressa C5

spastickyle

May 12, 2013
Visit site
This morning I did my ritual Jura Impressa C5 cleaning cycle with the Cleaning Tablets. Only this time all of the water was in the water tray instead of the cup and the spend grounds tray had a lump of the white cleaning tab.

I took out the trays and did a rinse cycle to see if I could see anything wrong. I used a butter knife to activate the tiny tray switch so that I could see it without the trays obstructing my view. What I saw was the water draining out of the spout facing the water tray (red arrow).

I've already sent this thing into Jura twice. Considering how much it costs, it's terrible how much it breaks on me, especially since I only use once in the morning! I believe that it's out of warranty now and unless I want to spend a ton of money to repair it again, I'm on my own. Can anyone help me out, or at least point me to a resource that can help me diagnose this problem? Could the cleaning tablet have clogged something?

IMG_20130512_165229.jpg

Vermont2015

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
No water from coffee spout

This morning I did my ritual Jura Impressa C5 cleaning cycle with the Cleaning Tablets. Only this time all of the water was in the water tray instead of the cup and the spend grounds tray had a lump of the white cleaning tab.

I took out the trays and did a rinse cycle to see if I could see anything wrong. I used a butter knife to activate the tiny tray switch so that I could see it without the trays obstructing my view. What I saw was the water draining out of the spout facing the water tray (red arrow).

I've already sent this thing into Jura twice. Considering how much it costs, it's terrible how much it breaks on me, especially since I only use once in the morning! I believe that it's out of warranty now and unless I want to spend a ton of money to repair it again, I'm on my own. Can anyone help me out, or at least point me to a resource that can help me diagnose this problem? Could the cleaning tablet have clogged something?

View attachment 1031

Did you find the source of the problem? I have the same problem, just disassembled the machine and am trying to find out why the water is not getting through the brewgroup (it comes out of the Rinse spout fine). An yes, I too had just cleaned the machine with the special table.

Vermont2015

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
After disassembling it, it started pouring coffee again.

Don't claim this thing isn't idiosyncratic. I guess it just needed a swift kick, but which part of it needed that kick still puzzles me. The problem is somewhere between the rinse valve and the brewgroup--and your picture seems about right.

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Best thing I can tell you is to buy a spare group if you can find one. I understand why Jura doesn't want to sell that part because they make more money by forcing you to send the machine in. That valve usually can be cleaned up but it can go bad and will leak forever until the whole group is replaced.