[Jura C5] Part left over after reassembly. Where should it go?

RubenP

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I just repaired a Jura C5 from my parents in law. The electric motor mount operating the main assembly had a broken off which caused the gears to skip. Luckily it was a fairly easy fix, but since it was my first time opening a coffee machine I removed quite some parts. After reassembly I found I couldn't remember where a rubber cap belonged.

I just noticed I need at least 5 posts to be able to link an image... I don't want to spam useless information to get to the 5 posts so please copy-paste this into your browser to open the image tudl1348.home.xs4all.nl/IMG_0382%5b1%5d.jpg

It's a see-through rubber cap with a black plastic ring. In the middle there is a small hole. The cap fits the size of the tip of your middle finger.

The Jura C5 seems to work like it should. Although in 1 occasion I had the impression there was some water leakage. Not 100% sure, as I have now made about 10 new cups of espresso without any leakage.

Any info on the function and location of this part would be greatly appreciated!

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Can't seem to find an online parts diagram, which would help alot in determining part position.

Am currently looking through various parts for that machine available through online vendors. Will let you know if I find anything promising.

RubenP

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Can't seem to find an online parts diagram, which would help alot in determining part position.

Am currently looking through various parts for that machine available through online vendors. Will let you know if I find anything promising.

Much appreciated!

If there's another coffee machine forum you would recommend me posting I'd be happy to hear.