Looking for brass filter for regular grounds for older Briel multiPro BR-ED171APG-TB

BilgeRat

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

First post... I found this super cool, older model Briel / MultiPro Thermo Block w/ Coffeemaker machine (BR-ED171APG-TB) but when I got it home I noticed it only has the filter for pods. I have spent hours trying to find the single filter setup that will fit it but I am not having any luck. I have been looking for years for a machine that I could afford and I just stumbled on this one.... seems to run fine. $8.00 at the local thrift store! I nearly ran to the other end of the store when I spotted it! After I got home and jumped on the internet my search revealed some issues with this model but I still would love to give it a go. Everything I know about brewing expresso I learned this morning but I have always held it in high regards, but rarely could I afford it - and when I have it was always a real treat!

If anyone can help me locate a one cup filter for non-pod brewing that fits this I would be so thankful! The pods look very expensive so I am hoping to buy the other filter cup right up front.

Please help!

Thanks.

Briel.png

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Don't be swayed by negative Internet comments as often it's the user, not the equipment at fault.

You may have to try contacting the company for replacement parts as there doesn't seem to be much info online.

BilgeRat

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately the negative internet chatter mostly revolved around the customer service department in the US branch of the Briel Company. Quite frankly, I was not sure if I dared send them a check for any parts if they did happen to have any. I did hear the Portugal Co. had excellent customer service but that sure is a long way to ship a part! I guess I was hoping that someone might reference a cross fit of something - but maybe thats a crazy thought. We'll see if anyone can help on the forum. I am really excited to see if I can get this going. The machine seems virtually new and everything seems to check out ok.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello BilgeRat

Welcome to the Coffee Forums.

Wow! $8.00 at the local thrift store!

Does it appear "gently used"?

Does it look as good as the photo you posted?

Your best option is to contact the company to find out how you can get the replacement parts that you need.

Rose

BilgeRat

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Lightly used is an understatement... it is exactly like the photo.

I'll refer to my last comments on the company. I am not too sure about them and I am hoping someone might be able to cross reference another type.

BilgeRat

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the link but I may have steered you wrong? on this machine the filter cup and handle are all one unit. When the machine is new in the box, you receive two handle/cup units. One is a very small cup for the more expensive pods (which I have but the expresso is $$! ), and the other is for straight grounds - it is a significantly bigger cup, which is what I am hoping to find.

Thank you so much for your help. Sorry to appear so fussy. But the $ thing is important to me.

J