Complaints with Bunn home brewers

Axmann8

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
So, I've tried a BUNN NHBB and a BUNN GRB brewer, and I have two major complaints with both

Complaint 1: Filter overflowing. When I use the standard brewhead and even a cheap store-bought coffee like Maxwell House that isn't very finely ground at all, the GRB's basket overflows even when using highly-purified water and only 9 level tablespoons of coffee, let alone the SCAA standard applied to the pot I use: 15 level tablespoons.

Complaint 2: Temperature of coffee. Every Bunn I've used has had some problems with temperature. I like my coffee to be almost mouth-scorchingly hot. Every coffee I've ever gotten at, say, McDonald's (which has surprisingly good coffee, no worse than Starbucks really) was at such a high temperature that you couldn't drink it straight away. With the Bunn, it seems that I'm rushing to drink it in fear of it cooling down in the cup too fast.

PaleHorseFighters

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I had one, don't remember the model, that I took apart when I replaced it. Since it always had hot water ready to go, I found that constant heat and constant moisture caused mold to grow in the reservoir. Yuk! Last Bunn for me.

smksignals

May 10, 2013
So Cal
Visit site
So, I've tried a BUNN NHBB and a BUNN GRB brewer, and I have two major complaints with both

Complaint 1: Filter overflowing. When I use the standard brewhead and even a cheap store-bought coffee like Maxwell House that isn't very finely ground at all, the GRB's basket overflows even when using highly-purified water and only 9 level tablespoons of coffee, let alone the SCAA standard applied to the pot I use: 15 level tablespoons.

Complaint 2: Temperature of coffee. Every Bunn I've used has had some problems with temperature. I like my coffee to be almost mouth-scorchingly hot. Every coffee I've ever gotten at, say, McDonald's (which has surprisingly good coffee, no worse than Starbucks really) was at such a high temperature that you couldn't drink it straight away. With the Bunn, it seems that I'm rushing to drink it in fear of it cooling down in the cup too fast.

I own a Bunn Velocity and can help with #1.

#1 - Go to Bunns website bunnathome.com and click on the parts order form - (tried to post a link but this site wont let me yet.)
Select your model then order the Flow Restricting Spray head. They will send it to you for free. I think it should be included with the coffee maker when purchased new.

#2 - I can't help ya much here. My coffee is scorching hot out right of the maker. I have to let it cool a little bit before I can really start tasting the flavors. I have a stainless steel carafe and the coffee stays pipping hot for hours.

Good luck with your Bunn.