Have to choose between two machines

vishalpipraiya

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello Experts,

I have to purchase a bean to cup machine for my store and my requirement is to have more than 100 cups a day. I have narrowed down my options to two machines but I am unable to choose between the two. Though the Delonghi is cheaper than the Nuova Simonelli the Nuova Simonelli in lieu of seeming to be a better machine suited for high volume use just keeps pulling me towards it. Please help me choose!:

1) Nuova Simonelli Microbar 2008
Price: Rs. 1,70,000/- INR
(comes with a free milk chiller)

2) Delonghi ESAM 6620 Prima Donna
Price: Rs. 1,50,000/- INR
(No Freebies)

The price difference is of 20,000 INR which is approximately 352 USD.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Don't buy a used Microbar period. A new one might be another story but so far I haven't seen a Microbar yet that I didn't love to hate. Can't say anything negative on a Delonghi as I've never worked on or used one. Honestly if it was me I'd look for a nice traditional machine. Anytime you automate the process the chances of it breaking down are greatly increased.

vishalpipraiya

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Don't buy a used Microbar period. A new one might be another story but so far I haven't seen a Microbar yet that I didn't love to hate. Can't say anything negative on a Delonghi as I've never worked on or used one. Honestly if it was me I'd look for a nice traditional machine. Anytime you automate the process the chances of it breaking down are greatly increased.

I hear ya. Given a choice I would go in for a semi-auto any day. My problem is that the machine is going to be consumer operated on some occassions and for that I want an automatic that still serves good coffee.

@john p that's sound advice!

vishalpipraiya

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean when you say that the coffee machine is going to be consumer operated?

Are you planning to let the customers in your store operate it?

@pinkrose that is correct. under supervision ofcourse. I am attempting to create an interactive cafe where customers can help themselves to the items they want. Being a Superautomatic I presume it should be easy for a customer to press a button for whatever he wants. Staff will be around to instruct and collect cash.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
That's an approach that I've never experienced, except in places that have Keurig machines.

Superautomatic machines are very easy to use, and a trained monkey can use them...but some people aren't as intelligent as trained monkeys. Will you be getting extra insurance to cover people who get burned?

vishalpipraiya

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
That's an approach that I've never experienced, except in places that have Keurig machines.

Superautomatic machines are very easy to use, and a trained monkey can use them...but some people aren't as intelligent as trained monkeys. Will you be getting extra insurance to cover people who get burned?

Well, Should have a sticker on the machine saying, 'Use it at your own risk' ?

vishalpipraiya

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I have one on my shelf I'll sell you for $500. I'll even go through it one more time before I ship it out. Was working the last time it was used 4 years ago. But I haven't been able to sell it since taking it on trade. That should tell you something.

I get your point. Mine wouldn't be a used machine. Will be brand new, etc. Am considering alternatives.

Flori

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
get the one that has the greatest service in your area. it would be useless if you would not be able to have it serviced when its not working. goodluck :)

flori
blogger, coffeeloversofworld.com

vishalpipraiya

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I will also buy the machine which I can get the fast maintenance service.

get the one that has the greatest service in your area. it would be useless if you would not be able to have it serviced when its not working. goodluck :)

flori
blogger, coffeeloversofworld.com

Roger That! That means the Nuova for me Which is serviced by Lavazza India.

@flori nice blog! :)