Choosing a prosumer/light commercial espresso machine

evoluzione

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone!

Having just moved to the US, and in the process of opening a food establishment, I'm looking for a small 1 group espresso machine that will have light use for espresso/cappuccino/caffe latte.

I am located in Florida, and it is to my understanding that NSF is not required here.

I have researched and found the La Nuova Era Cuadra II to be a good machine at the price point of around $1k.

Is there anything else you can recommend me?

ciao :coffee:

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
It really depends on how many cups are you planing on serving. However, even at low volume cafe, I would still put in more reliable brands like La Cimbali, Nuova Simmonelli, faema, Brazilia and etc. Good Luck

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
No. They will be much more but if you are planning on serving, this is the area you do not want to rely on cheaper machine that might break down or have to compromise of quality of your product.

poison

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
How many drinks will you be serving a day? An Astra Pro is a commercial machine shrunk down for home/office/catering use, in your price range. It is not plumbed in, so you have to monitor the water tank and drip tray (the tank has an alarm that will sound when it gets low), but it's a VERY capable machine. Beautiful, too. Yes, I own one, and you'd have to spend $1k more to get something better. The Astra Gourmet is a plumbed in rotary machine that's still very compact (and aso available non-plumbed), that can handle back-to-back brewing all day long.