Keurig makes weak coffee

petec

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
My wife bought a used Keurig from a yard sale a few months ago, so I don't know the actual age of it. It is a model 831.

It worked fine for quite a while, making a surprisingly good cup of coffee. I realize the coffee snobs, uhhhh, I mean connosseurs (sp) will scoff at that statement.:)

A few weeks ago I noticed that it started to get weaker. When it worked correctly, it would not dispense hot water until you heard the pump start. But now it leaks through water before the pump starts and it is obviously not hot enough yet, because it comes through with very little color. I did a bit of online research and found the descaling procedure. So, I ran a number of cups of vinegar through. This has improved the performance, but, it is not quite back to normal. Should I just go buy more vinegar and do it more, or is there anything else I need to do? I work on electro-mechanical gadgets for a living, so I would be comfortable taking it apart if need be. But thought I would check here before opening that can of worms.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "petec"

Welcome to the Coffee Forums.

Unfortunately, the Keurig machines have a short life time. Luckily, you were able to get some good use out of the one you bought.

Take a look at this thread. Scroll down, and you will see the name of a new Forum member (keurigtroubleshooting) who may be able to help you. Send him a Private Message through this Coffee Forum, and see what happens.

http://www.coffeeforums.com/forum/c...eview-keurig-b70-platinum-brewing-system.html

You may want to try calling Keurig customer service (and tell them that you received the machine as a gift) and get them to troubleshoot the problem with you.....and maybe they'll send you a new one.

Rose