Astra Mega II problems

RedRoosterCoho

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm helping a coffee hut get started in a nearby town. She has an Astra Mega II machine.
The initial problem was the pressure gauge spiked all the way when she set it up and water was leaking out.
I came to look at it, turned it on and stayed with it for an hour and there was no problems.
She called back saying it leaked again
I came to look at it and thought it may be the pressurestat, it looked crusty at the connections so I filed them a bit with an emery board for a temp fix until I got the part.
I replaced the pressurestat when the part came in and all seemed to work fine.
The next day there was water all over the counter and floor.
I came in and took apart my work and put on more teflon, put it back together. Scratched my head,
the next day again there was water and the electrical breaker had tripped and when they tried to reset a spark came from the pressure stat.

I noticed that the steam wands shoot out quite a bit of water when the machine is first turned on.

I have had overflow problems before but it was the inlet valve. If the inlet valve is stuck open it would overflow right away not wait several hours after everyones gone before it leaks all over the place.

any ideas?

Latest posts