VitaMix and grinding beans

Jake

Dec 2, 2004
Visit site
Does anyone know if you can grind the coffee beans with a vitamix Blender. Don't have a grinder but do have a vitamix. Thought I would try ordering some whole beans if this vitamix would do the job.
Thanks

Jake

Dec 2, 2004
Visit site
Just found out

Just found out my mother has a cuisinart coffee grinder. I asked her why she never used it. She said it was hard to clean and the coffee tasted rancid to her after grinding 2 or 3 times. This thing just looks like a little blender. I am sure the vitamix would grind the beans now just looking at the cuisinart. The vitamix would be much easer to clean also, as I can fill it with water and soap and blend it up, walla it is clean. If anyone knows any other suggestions though I am always wanting to learn
Thanks

Jake

Dec 2, 2004
Visit site
drip response

Yea, my mother is going to get a technivorm for CHristmas. All she does is make coffee in the morning. I looked at the Braun she has and it just looks like a small blender, I just figured if it would grind coffee beans the vitamix would really grind coffee beans. She does not have a espresso machine, don't think she has ever drank a espresso. Won't this work, I just figured since the braun was a little blender the Vitamix would really grind with no problems. Let me know if I am wrong though. I would appreciate it.
Thanks

angelo211

Oct 15, 2004
New York
Visit site
Hi maybe I can help. I do asset mangement(companys go out of business I sell there equipment). I have some very good Mazzer grinders for around $150. I offer a warranty with this equipment.

Harmyjane

Apr 2, 2018
Visit site
I haven`t tried to get grindings with vitamix blender, but maybe it will make sense. Maybe you need to focus on the amount and size of beans that the vitamix blender it affords. But I may suggest that to get a spice grinder particularly designed for grinding.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I haven`t tried to get grindings with vitamix blender, but maybe it will make sense. Maybe you need to focus on the amount and size of beans that the vitamix blender it affords. But I may suggest that to get a spice grinder particularly designed for grinding.

Wow! You dug up a post from 2004. That's the oldest one I've seen in quite some time!

I hope Jake, the original poster, gave up on the idea of grinding coffee beans in a Vitamix blender and bought a real coffee bean grinder instead.

I guess we'll never know.

Rose