Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    [QUOTE=CoffeeJunky;60877]
    Quote Originally Posted by HDV64 View Post

It really depends on where you are from.
    It should be local company who has good reputation.

Also, super automatic espresso machine will give you very good coffee. It would be better then espresso from inexperienced Barista like one from Starbucks. But yes, it won't be as good as from a experienced barista who really cares about the quality of their coffee. However, that is not what you are trying accomplish here.

So let me know where you are from and I think i can look up who would be reputable around the area I think. lol

CJ
    Still gotta disagree with that, even the commercial ones have the similar faults as the home ones, but yes they are fast and convenient. I've had coffee off commercial superatuos and still sucks, I mean I only have a Preciso and CC1 and makes a $14k superauto taste like a Ford Pinto in comparison. Guess it depends on what you consider good, I mean a friend has a Jura C9 at home, that's like 2 grand right there, and even with fresh beans it's just not good at all. He didn't mind and thought it was fine, till he had coffee from my setup lol

[QUOTE=CoffeeJunky;60877]
    Quote Originally Posted by HDV64 View Post

It really depends on where you are from.
    It should be local company who has good reputation.

Also, super automatic espresso machine will give you very good coffee. It would be better then espresso from inexperienced Barista like one from Starbucks. But yes, it won't be as good as from a experienced barista who really cares about the quality of their coffee. However, that is not what you are trying accomplish here.

So let me know where you are from and I think i can look up who would be reputable around the area I think. lol

CJ
    Still gotta disagree with that, even the commercial ones have the same faults as the home ones, not temp stable, pressure, still poor grinding, internal tamping is still more like pudding lol, but they can pound drinks out fast as heck in commercial form. I've had coffee off commercial superatuos and still sucks, I mean I only have a Preciso and CC1 and makes a $14k superauto taste like a Ford Pinto in comparison. Guess it depends on what you consider good, I mean a friend has a Jura C9 at home, that's like 2 grand right there, and even with fresh beans it's just not good at all. He didn't mind and thought it was fine, till he had coffee from my setup lol. I've even used the Monza which is considered the best "home" superauto, espresso was still watered down tasting and little crema. Not saying it's not drinkable, it's just, "mehhhh" tasting for lack of a better word.

However yes, if your set on a superauto only. Don't just buy one from any retailer. There are tons and tons of suppliers around and should have no problem finding one or more in or near any city/county, and they will be able to service it or handle warranty work with manufacturer since working on a superauto especially a commercial one is almost impossible with all the proprietary parts. Only problem usually with contracts like that is they force you to use their beans like 99% of the time, which are generally stale or have been sitting. I know a few offices that have contracts. Still need fresh beans if you want better coffee. But majority of the population still drinks Folgers or similar crap so if they were to come in and have your coffee they'd pry think it was the greatest thing since slice bread, so there's a positive spin lol
    Last edited by Surfer; 08-21-2013 at 08:05 AM.

[QUOTE=Surfer;60881]
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeJunky View Post
    Still gotta disagree with that, even the commercial ones have the same faults as the home ones, not temp stable, pressure, still poor grinding, internal tamping is still more like pudding lol, but they can pound drinks out fast as heck in commercial form. I've had coffee off commercial superatuos and still sucks, I mean I only have a Preciso and CC1 and makes a $14k superauto taste like a Ford Pinto in comparison. Guess it depends on what you consider good, I mean a friend has a Jura C9 at home, that's like 2 grand right there, and even with fresh beans it's just not good at all. He didn't mind and thought it was fine, till he had coffee from my setup lol. I've even used the Monza which is considered the best "home" superauto, espresso was still watered down tasting and little crema. Not saying it's not drinkable, it's just, "mehhhh" tasting for lack of a better word.

However yes, if your set on a superauto only. Don't just buy one from any retailer. There are tons and tons of suppliers around and should have no problem finding one or more in or near any city/county, and they will be able to service it or handle warranty work with manufacturer since working on a superauto especially a commercial one is almost impossible with all the proprietary parts. Only problem usually with contracts like that is they force you to use their beans like 99% of the time, which are generally stale or have been sitting. I know a few offices that have contracts. Still need fresh beans if you want better coffee. But majority of the population still drinks Folgers or similar crap so if they were to come in and have your coffee they'd pry think it was the greatest thing since slice bread, so there's a positive spin lol
    I am not disagreeing with you about the quality.
    As I have mentioned above, even in Italy, some of the top restaurants are using Nessopresso to serve their espresso coffee. Superautomatic espresso machine is notch better then Nessopresso.
    I am in agreement with you about the quality. If you are comparing the coffee from very reputable establishment, you can't really compare that coffee to machine made espresso but 99 percent of coffee drinkers can't really tell good to great. That is my point. If HD is trying to run a high end coffee shop, this will be a big mistake but he is just trying to serve a decent coffee and espresso.

I am not disagreeing with you about the quality.
    As I have mentioned above, even in Italy, some of the top restaurants are using Nessopresso to serve their espresso coffee. Superautomatic espresso machine is notch better then Nessopresso.
    I am in agreement with you about the quality. If you are comparing the coffee from very reputable establishment, you can't really compare that coffee to machine made espresso but 99 percent of coffee drinkers can't really tell good to great. That is my point. If HD is trying to run a high end coffee shop, this will be a big mistake but he is just trying to serve a decent coffee and espresso.
    True, reason why I mentioned majority of the population drinks like Folgers, Maxwell, and whatever other popular grocery brand, to them that's good coffee. So a superauto coffee to them would pry be magnificent lol.

Superautos though can do drinkable coffee, should rephrase some of what I wrote, it's not like it's swil. But they work much better when using a fresh medium roast, darker beans don't work well. And servicer generally make you buy their coffee to supply with, which is usually stale beans. I do know one office that actually goes out of their way to buy fresh beans for their superauto, and throws out the servicers beans.... pretty funny lol.

That is where HD wants to spend little extra on. He wants to buy better bean but don't want to have hassle of employing barista. Which i can understand when you are not coffee shop. I just hope he doesn't settle on cheap stale coffee you have mentioned above. I just can't stand those people who try to sell you coffee and saying things like "Oh this is Italian coffee" "the best in Europe" or "This is very high quality roasted in Seattle" One of the new sales person said something really stupid and make cry laughing on the floor.... He said, " I heard they have small coffee farm in Italy and that is where this beans from"

That is where HD wants to spend little extra on. He wants to buy better bean but don't want to have hassle of employing barista. Which i can understand when you are not coffee shop. I just hope he doesn't settle on cheap stale coffee you have mentioned above. I just can't stand those people who try to sell you coffee and saying things like "Oh this is Italian coffee" "the best in Europe" or "This is very high quality roasted in Seattle" One of the new sales person said something really stupid and make cry laughing on the floor.... He said, " I heard they have small coffee farm in Italy and that is where this beans from"
    I don't mind the servicing contracts that coffee distributors do, especially in a office setting where people can screw something up lol. But I hate how they force you to buy and use their beans as part of the package which are generally nothing other then relabled bulk roasted beans that have been sitting in their warehouses, or something like Lacrappa... I mean LaVazza heh. I know a few offices that don't care, but 1 literally throws out the servicer beans and buys their own fresh ones lol. And actually my dealership has a big Starbucks superauto, of which their supposed to use Starbucks beans as part of their package, but luckily one of the girls there is a coffee fiend and convinced mngt to buy fresh roasted. So a few months ago I'm in there and just made a coffee while I was waiting for my fiances new car to be checked out, 1st sip I was like "this isn't Charbucks?!?" to which they told me what they did haha

Superautos in settings like those are fine and coffee is drinkable with fresh roasted beans, just don't use them to make their "espresso" option, that's where even the Commercial ones lack.... unless you want a 15-20 second watered gusher of a shot with no crema lol
    Last edited by Surfer; 08-21-2013 at 01:23 PM.

YAS
    @coffeejunkie Do you have any idea about DeLonghi Coffee machines for moderate commercial use?

I would never use home coffee/espresso machine to use in commercial setting. They are not made to be commercial use.

Super Moderator
    YAS,

You mentioned earlier that you have a snack shop stand.

What do you think your moderate commercial use will be? Will it be more than 10 cups a day?

YAS
    Average about 30 8 oz cups/day

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links