Best Super Automatic Espresso Machine

HDV64

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Can someone here tell me or suggest what is the best fully super automatic espresso machine?

I need it for commercial use.

Thanks,

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
Judging from your other post you want to open a coffee shop up, why would you want a superauto? Even the commercial ones suck (Starbucks is a great example). Why not a 2-3+ group machine and seperate grinder? You need to stand yourself apart and if you want to be known for good coffee, a superauto won't do that. Have you though of other means as well, like pour over, drip etc

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Hello,

Can someone here tell me or suggest what is the best fully super automatic espresso machine?

I think the best way to do is call the local company who sells and service these.
There very little difference in quality of espresso when you get to the high end of these machines. But the service would matter. So you should contact the most reliable supplier and check out their service team and their turn around time.
You do not want to have one week down time because they are so busy or don't have enough service tech.

Good Luck

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
Hello,

I think the best way to do is call the local company who sells and service these.
There very little difference in quality of espresso when you get to the high end of these machines. But the service would matter. So you should contact the most reliable supplier and check out their service team and their turn around time.
You do not want to have one week down time because they are so busy or don't have enough service tech.

Good Luck
No there's still a big difference, even the high end commercial superautos pale vs a semi/automatic multi group machine for espresso

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
No there's still a big difference, even the high end commercial superautos pale vs a semi/automatic multi group machine for espresso

Some people do not want to hire a Barista or be able to teach them. That is the reason why superautomatic espresso machines are made. Some of the high end restaurants in Italy are start using Nesspresso(how disappointing) machine to serve their espresso. So for someone to looking in to buying Superautomatic espresso machine is not out of line and will be able to satisfy their customers. Most of them I would suspect.

HDV64

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello

I would like a super auto because its easier. Perhaps a good high end one would be great as it may make better coffee? Well, im pretty sure that a good espresso machine with bad coffee will produce bad coffee. So, I just need a machine that's easy to use and I'll feed it good coffee beans.

Also, I'm not really interested in selling the BEST coffee.

I dont know how to use a 2-3+ group machine.. it looks complicated. I want a one touch system.

Which one would u recommend?

HDV64

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Good Luck

Yes, exactly - but which company? Do you recommend anyone?

Thanks

YAS

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

Thanks
HI HD, I am also looking for fully automatic machine. I have a snack shop stand, counter space is limited, want to sell coffee but cant afford a dedicated Barista, and my potential sales volume wont be huge. So far I am basing my selection on: Machine should be highly reliable, trouble free with minimum maintenance (wont be easy to get spares in my part of the world) yet economical. It MUST be of Commercial grade. Following models appear good, I like DeLonghi, its economical, but I am not sure if its for domestic use or commercial use. I might be selling 50-60 cups of cappuccino per day. Please google these models and share your thoughts: GAGGIA MILANO, Matrix Catering UK, Delonghi ECAM26455M, CINO XS GRANDE

Flori

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
it may be best to check out stores which offers coffee machine so that you can check its specification personally. choosing your machine depends on what you want to use it for :)

flori
blogger, coffeeloversofworld.com

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site

Thanks

It really depends on where you are from.
It should be local company who has good reputation.

Also, super automatic espresso machine will give you very good coffee. It would be better then espresso from inexperienced Barista like one from Starbucks. But yes, it won't be as good as from a experienced barista who really cares about the quality of their coffee. However, that is not what you are trying accomplish here.

So let me know where you are from and I think i can look up who would be reputable around the area I think. lol

CJ

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site

Also, super automatic espresso machine will give you very good coffee. It would be better then espresso from inexperienced Barista like one from Starbucks. But yes, it won't be as good as from a experienced barista who really cares about the quality of their coffee. However, that is not what you are trying accomplish here.

So let me know where you are from and I think i can look up who would be reputable around the area I think. lol

CJ
Still gotta disagree with that, even the commercial ones have the similar faults as the home ones, but yes they are fast and convenient. I've had coffee off commercial superatuos and still sucks, I mean I only have a Preciso and CC1 and makes a $14k superauto taste like a Ford Pinto in comparison. Guess it depends on what you consider good, I mean a friend has a Jura C9 at home, that's like 2 grand right there, and even with fresh beans it's just not good at all. He didn't mind and thought it was fine, till he had coffee from my setup lol

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site

CJ
Still gotta disagree with that, even the commercial ones have the same faults as the home ones, not temp stable, pressure, still poor grinding, internal tamping is still more like pudding lol, but they can pound drinks out fast as heck in commercial form. I've had coffee off commercial superatuos and still sucks, I mean I only have a Preciso and CC1 and makes a $14k superauto taste like a Ford Pinto in comparison. Guess it depends on what you consider good, I mean a friend has a Jura C9 at home, that's like 2 grand right there, and even with fresh beans it's just not good at all. He didn't mind and thought it was fine, till he had coffee from my setup lol. I've even used the Monza which is considered the best "home" superauto, espresso was still watered down tasting and little crema. Not saying it's not drinkable, it's just, "mehhhh" tasting for lack of a better word.

However yes, if your set on a superauto only. Don't just buy one from any retailer. There are tons and tons of suppliers around and should have no problem finding one or more in or near any city/county, and they will be able to service it or handle warranty work with manufacturer since working on a superauto especially a commercial one is almost impossible with all the proprietary parts. Only problem usually with contracts like that is they force you to use their beans like 99% of the time, which are generally stale or have been sitting. I know a few offices that have contracts. Still need fresh beans if you want better coffee. But majority of the population still drinks Folgers or similar crap so if they were to come in and have your coffee they'd pry think it was the greatest thing since slice bread, so there's a positive spin lol

Last edited:

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Still gotta disagree with that, even the commercial ones have the same faults as the home ones, not temp stable, pressure, still poor grinding, internal tamping is still more like pudding lol, but they can pound drinks out fast as heck in commercial form. I've had coffee off commercial superatuos and still sucks, I mean I only have a Preciso and CC1 and makes a $14k superauto taste like a Ford Pinto in comparison. Guess it depends on what you consider good, I mean a friend has a Jura C9 at home, that's like 2 grand right there, and even with fresh beans it's just not good at all. He didn't mind and thought it was fine, till he had coffee from my setup lol. I've even used the Monza which is considered the best "home" superauto, espresso was still watered down tasting and little crema. Not saying it's not drinkable, it's just, "mehhhh" tasting for lack of a better word.

However yes, if your set on a superauto only. Don't just buy one from any retailer. There are tons and tons of suppliers around and should have no problem finding one or more in or near any city/county, and they will be able to service it or handle warranty work with manufacturer since working on a superauto especially a commercial one is almost impossible with all the proprietary parts. Only problem usually with contracts like that is they force you to use their beans like 99% of the time, which are generally stale or have been sitting. I know a few offices that have contracts. Still need fresh beans if you want better coffee. But majority of the population still drinks Folgers or similar crap so if they were to come in and have your coffee they'd pry think it was the greatest thing since slice bread, so there's a positive spin lol

I am not disagreeing with you about the quality.
As I have mentioned above, even in Italy, some of the top restaurants are using Nessopresso to serve their espresso coffee. Superautomatic espresso machine is notch better then Nessopresso.
I am in agreement with you about the quality. If you are comparing the coffee from very reputable establishment, you can't really compare that coffee to machine made espresso but 99 percent of coffee drinkers can't really tell good to great. That is my point. If HD is trying to run a high end coffee shop, this will be a big mistake but he is just trying to serve a decent coffee and espresso.

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
I am not disagreeing with you about the quality.
As I have mentioned above, even in Italy, some of the top restaurants are using Nessopresso to serve their espresso coffee. Superautomatic espresso machine is notch better then Nessopresso.
I am in agreement with you about the quality. If you are comparing the coffee from very reputable establishment, you can't really compare that coffee to machine made espresso but 99 percent of coffee drinkers can't really tell good to great. That is my point. If HD is trying to run a high end coffee shop, this will be a big mistake but he is just trying to serve a decent coffee and espresso.
True, reason why I mentioned majority of the population drinks like Folgers, Maxwell, and whatever other popular grocery brand, to them that's good coffee. So a superauto coffee to them would pry be magnificent lol.

Superautos though can do drinkable coffee, should rephrase some of what I wrote, it's not like it's swil. But they work much better when using a fresh medium roast, darker beans don't work well. And servicer generally make you buy their coffee to supply with, which is usually stale beans. I do know one office that actually goes out of their way to buy fresh beans for their superauto, and throws out the servicers beans.... pretty funny lol.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
That is where HD wants to spend little extra on. He wants to buy better bean but don't want to have hassle of employing barista. Which i can understand when you are not coffee shop. I just hope he doesn't settle on cheap stale coffee you have mentioned above. I just can't stand those people who try to sell you coffee and saying things like "Oh this is Italian coffee" "the best in Europe" or "This is very high quality roasted in Seattle" One of the new sales person said something really stupid and make cry laughing on the floor.... He said, " I heard they have small coffee farm in Italy and that is where this beans from"